New Delhi: ‘The Henley Passport Index’ has shared the ranking of the world’s most powerful passports as the year begins. This ranking is very important for India. In this ranking, India has gained a place compared to October 2021.
With an Indian passport, people can now travel to 60 countries without a visa. The ranking is based on data from the International Air Transport Authority (IATA), which shows how easy it is for people to travel across countries with these passports.
According to the report released for the first quarter of 2022, the ranking of Indian passports in the report released has improved significantly as compared to the previous year. India has gained 7 places in this ranking and has moved up from 90 to 83.
Along with India, Sao Tomé and Principe are also named on this rank. Last year, India was allowed to travel without visa in only 58 countries. In such a situation, now there are two new countries Oman and Armenia. Pakistan is ranked 108th in the list, which can go to 31 countries without a visa.
These are the top five countries
- The name of Ireland and Portugal is in fifth place in this list. The passport of these two countries is so powerful that people here can travel to 186 countries without a visa.
- In fourth place are Austria, Denmark, France and the Netherlands, which can visit 188 countries without a visa.
- In the third place is the name of Finland, Italy, Luxembourg and Spain, who can travel to 189 countries without a visa.
- Germany and South Korea are second, with passports of these two countries, people can travel to 190 countries without a visa.
- Japan and Singapore are at number one in the ranking list. People of both these countries can take their passports and travel to the maximum 192 countries without a visa.