Union Electronics and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has said in a statement released on Wednesday that the central government is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its citizens.
WhatsApp had filed a case against the Indian government in the Delhi High Court, seeking to stop the new IT rules. WhatsApp had said that users’ privacy to right will be weakened due to the new rules. On 25 February 2021, the government had directed to appoint Compliance Officer, Nodal Officer etc. on behalf of the Ministry of Electronics and IT of India to regulate digital content within 3 months.
Now, on knocking the door of the High Court on behalf of Whatsapp, the central government has said that the government is committed to protect the fundamental right like privacy. In such a situation, today we are going to tell you everything that the government has said about WhatsApp in 10 points.
1. The government said that the new IT rules are not different, but are a global priority. “In July 2019, the UK government, the US, Australia, New Zealand and Canada stated that, tech companies have to design their encrypted product in such a way that governments can take appropriate legal action and get the data in a redizable and usable format Could. At the same time, the law of law takes information from the IP address, information of users, location and message from WhatsApp. In such a situation, the Government of India has not asked for anything from WhatsApp.
2. Regarding the new rules, it was said by the government that such a need only exists when a message needs to be investigated for the prevention or punishment of serious crimes like sexually explicit content. In such a situation, with the help of the message, the government will be able to punish those who play with the security, public order and other things of the state.
3. Union Electronics and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said in a statement issued on Wednesday that the central government is committed to protecting the privacy rights of its citizens, but it is also the responsibility of the government to ensure law and order in view of national security. .
4. WhatsApp said in its clarification that, its message is end-to-end encrypted on the platform and the new IT rules will break the encryption of WhatsApp. However, the government has said that it is the responsibility of WhatsApp here that what technical solution does it bring after this.
5. The Central Government made it clear that WhatsApp does not need to disclose the origin of any particular message, except in the case when such a message is punished for the same serious offense related to the sovereignty and dignity of the Indian state. / Required for investigation.
7. The new IT rule is not just for WhatsApp but it is for every social media platform which has more than 50 lakh users. At the same time, tracing the originator for information is very important for every social media. The Government of India wants to protect the right to privacy of its citizens and now WhatsApp has to decide how to encrypt. Being a social media company, WhatsApp is running away from its responsibilities.
8. The government said that, if any mischief of any kind is a complete act, due to which a crime has occurred, then it is necessary to find and punish it. We cannot deny that mob lynching and riots erupt because WhatsApp messages spread very fast. WhatsApp has asked for more time to follow all the guidelines but did not give a formal reply to find out who initiated the message.
9. The government said that, any operation being conducted in India is subject to the law of the country. By following the WhatsApp guidelines, these
Carring is a clear act of defying a remedy, whose intent certainly cannot be doubted.
10. Government of India wants to protect the right of privacy of its citizens and now WhatsApp has to decide how to encrypt. Being a social media company, WhatsApp is running away from its responsibilities.
read this also:
The government said the allegations of Twitter were baseless, said – you just follow the law here, leave the worry of freedom
careful! Do not make mistakes even while selling smartphones, all information can be leaked