The Ministry of External Affairs has made available an online service called Passport Seva which allows citizens to apply for passports online.
If you are trying to apply passport, then you are at the right place. Here we are telling you how to apply for passport. To apply for a passport online in India, one needs to register on the Passport Seva Portal and follow some simple steps.
Due to the process being online, users can apply for passports quite easily. However, after applying online, you will need to visit the Passport Service Center or Regional Passport Office to complete the process. The Ministry of External Affairs has provided an online service called Passport Seva which allows citizens to apply for passports online. This method reduces the need for you to spend time in Passport Office and makes the whole process more convenient.
How to apply for passport online
Before starting the process of applying for a passport online in India, it is worth noting that you have to carry your original documents with you while visiting the Passport Service Center or a Regional Passport Office for your appointment. The list of documents required to apply for passport has been made available online. After applying for the passport online, you will get 90 days to appear at the Passport Service Center, during which the documents will have to be submitted. Here are the steps to apply for passport online…
- Go to the Passport Seva Portal and click on the Register Now link.
- Enter your details correctly and select the passport office you want to go to.
- After entering the details, type captcha and then click on the register button.
- Now, login to the Passport Seva Portal with your registered login ID.
- Apply for a new passport / then issue a passport link. It is important to note that while applying under the newly issued category, you must have never held an Indian passport before. Otherwise, you should apply again under the category.
- Fill the required details in the form that appears on the screen and click Submit.
- Now click on the Pay and Schedule Appointment link on the Save and Submit application screen. This will allow you to schedule your appointment. You will also have to pay online fees for your appointment.
- To print your application receipts, click on the print application receipts link.
- You will get an SMS with the details of your appointment.
- Now, all you need to do is visit the Passport Service Center or Regional Passport Office where the appointment has been booked. Be sure to take your original documents with the application response. After applying online, if you can show the SMS received on your phone, then it is not compulsory to take the physical application response.
Note that the government has made it mandatory for applicants going to the passport office to follow the COVID-19 protocol. Applicants are advised to wear masks, carry sanitizers, download and install the Arogya Setu App and should follow the criteria of social distancing during their journey.
Also read- Run internet for full 60 days for 249 rupees, this company is offering the best recharge plan
Also read- How EVM works, how can it be hacked? Learn every possible way of EVM hacking here