If you are thinking of going to these platforms to buy help or oxygen cylinder for COVID, then sometimes you can get fake doctors from the cheating gang.
Covid 19 Fraud
Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms have now become a place for users, which people are using for information about hospital beds, oxygen cylinders and COVID-19. Many people also get a lot of help from these platforms but for many it is now becoming quite dangerous. Inaccurate information on these platforms is also high, the fraud gang is taking full advantage of this.
There are a lot of fake tweets on these platforms where payment details are also given. Many times influencers also support these tweets. In such a situation, users should stay away from these platforms and such tweets. That is, if someone is going to help on these platforms, then he has to take care of the tweet and other information. At the same time, you have to keep an eye on which payment app you are using and how you are paying.
How Covid-19 Scams Works 🧵:
1) Scammers create Covid-19 resource posts and circulate them on WhatsApp with their numbers.
2) These are further legitimized when resource portals and/or influencers unknowingly post out these numbers.
– Sugandh Rakha (@sugandh) April 23, 2021
Do not buy oxygen cylinder without check
If you are thinking of going to these platforms to buy help or oxygen cylinder for COVID, then sometimes you can get fake doctors from the cheating gang. In such a situation, they demand a huge amount from you in advance and promise to help you. In this case, you transfer money to them on WhatsApp, Google Pay and Paytm. But as soon as you transfer money to them, they immediately block you, after which neither your call nor message goes. In such a situation you become a victim of fraud.
There have been many such revelations in the recent reports in which it has been told that, due to the demand of oxygen cylinders, many users are making haste and are falling prey to such gangs. In such a situation, you have to take care of these things in the middle of this epidemic. A user told that, with the help of Scammers COVID 19 Resource Post, they circulate everything on WhatsApp.
Many other people also retweet or share these numbers. In such a situation, you trust them and later fall prey to them. After contacting these numbers, they demand huge amount for medicines and oxygen cylinders. In such a situation, seeing your need, you trust them and then you become a victim of fraud.
Avoid scammers like this
- First of all check whether the help from where you got the lead is correct or not. Scammers always talk to you through WhatsApp and then block them.
- There is no verification by calling. So always investigate about that person.
- Only after getting full service, you make full payment to him.
- Have been taking information about Fraud Alerts on Twitter and inquire others as well.
- Google recently reported that, scammers often post those bourgeois authority sources that people use the most. So go directly to the Health Ministry website and get information about them.
read this also:
Microsoft’s Bill Gates’ shocking statement on giving vaccine to India, know what he said
To help India fight Covid-19, this tech company extends hand, will give 50 crores rupees