How to find your stolen or lost phone: It happens many times that we lose our phone. Many times in our homes, we do not remember where we last kept it. Sometimes when we go somewhere, it can be stolen. Cases of phone theft are increasing continuously. If you forget to keep the phone at home, then you can ask someone to ring it. However, if it is lost or stolen outside the house, a little extra help may be needed to find it. There is a way by which you can search your Android phone and find its location. With this, you can also delete all his data if needed.
Google offers an easy process in which users can search their Android phones and erase all the data. This feature is from Find My Device. To use it, it is important to take care of some things. For this, your phone must be turned on. It is necessary to have a Google account signed in. The phone must be connected to mobile data or wifi. Location must be turned on. It is also important to have the Find My Device option turned on.
Follow these steps
- First of all, go to android.com/find and sign in to your Google account.
- If you have more than one phone, click on the lost phone at the top of the screen.
- If your phone has more than one user profile, then sign in with a Google account, which will be present on the main profile.
A notification will come on the lost phone.
- On Google map, you will get information about where the phone is.
- The location will appear, which will know where the phone is.
- If your phone could not be found, then you will see its last location.
After knowing the location of the phone, you will get these three options:
Play Sound: You can ring your phone at full volume for 5 minutes, whether it is set to silent or vibrate.
Secure Device: Lock your phone with PIN, pattern or password. If you do not have a lock, you can set. You can also add a message or phone number to the lock screen to help someone in returning the phone to you.
Eres device: This deletes all the data on your phone permanently (but this can keep the data on the SD cards). After this the Find My Device feature will not work.