Observations and different notes of curiosity from Monday’s 121-113 loss to the Atlanta Hawks:
– This is what rust appears like, the three early fouls on Caleb Martin, the 0 for 7 begin on 3-pointers by Tyler Herro.
– Yes, the Heat had been in a position to push via accidents with their latest run.
– But the second a part of the harm equation is working gamers again in.
– And that always isn’t a easy course of.
– With Monday standing as Exhibit A.
– As the Heat nonetheless await the return of Kyle Lowry.
– Without sustained well being, it merely might be a roller-coaster to the end.
– With the Heat going with their twentieth lineup Monday.
– So now the seek for one other profitable streak.
– With challenges in New Orleans and Dallas forward on this journey.
– The Heat obtained again to fourth-fifths of their most popular beginning lineup, with Martin and Herro again.
– The left solely Lowry out of the combo, due knee discomfort that has him day-to-day.
– With Gabe Vincent making his fourth consecutive begin at level guard, once more scoring in double figures.
– Vincent was a nominee for NBA East Player of the Week that Monday went to Knicks guard Jalen Brunson.
– The Heat had gone 4-1 with Haywood Highsmith beginning the earlier six at energy ahead rather than Martin. This time a restricted function for Highsmith.
– The Heat’s different starters had been Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler.
– The Heat additionally had Jamal Cain as inactive, saving him an NBA day on his two-way contract.
– Victor Oladipo once more performed as Heat sixth man, this time coming into when Martin was referred to as for 2 early fouls.
– Oladipo was stable as a playmaker, reaching double figures in assists for the primary time this season.
– Orlando Robinson and Max Strus then entered to make it eight deep for the Heat.
– With Robinson, who’s on a two-way contract, once more taking part in forward of veteran massive man Dewayne Dedmon.
– Monday was the primary recreation since Dedmon turned commerce eligible this season.
– Highsmith then entered because the Heat’s fourth reserve.
– Leaving solely Dedmon and 42-year-old captain Udonis Haslem as these to not enter.
– Adebayo set a private greatest together with his 56th consecutive video games scoring in double figures.
– Adebayo’s fifth defensive rebound was the two,four-hundredth of his profession.
– Adebayo’s twentieth level moved him previous Grant Long for eleventh on the Heat all-time scoring record.
– Butler’s second free-throw try moved him previous Haslem for ninth on the Heat all-time record.
– Herro’s ninth shot was the three,000th of his profession.
– Herro’s third help moved him previous James Johnson for twenty second on the Heat all-time record.
– The Heat entered 5-1 inside their division, with the lone loss a shorthanded defeat on the highway in opposition to the Wizards.
– The recreation was the sixth of 9 afternoon video games this season for the Heat (video games that begin earlier than 6 p.m. native time).
– The recreation was the seventeenth time the Heat performed on Dr. Martin Luther King Day, the eleventh time on the highway. The Heat had received their earlier three on the vacation.
– Former Atlanta mayor and civil-rights chief Andrew Young was amongst these in attendance.