Indian Railways termed the matter of the cost of rent as baseless.
Indian Railways: There is a lot of relief news for railway passengers. A day earlier, on January 5, rumors about increasing railway fares were spreading very fast, on which the Indian Railways denied that no such decision has been taken. Indian Railways said that no proposal has been made to increase passenger fares, in such a situation that the fare is expensive is baseless.
Certain sections of media have reported about possibility of some hike in passenger fares. This news is baseless & without any factual basis. There is no proposal under consideration to increase fares. Media is advised to not to publish or circulate such reports: Indian Railways
– ANI (@ANI) January 5, 2021
Many trains starting today
Due to Corona epidemic, the normal operation of trains has been stopped since 22 March 2020 last year and special trains are being run at this time. Now the railway is starting an exercise to run these trains again. The railway is starting operations of some trains from January 6, including the MEMU passenger train.
- Train 63503 Bardhaman-Hatia Memu Passenger operations will start from 6 January. This passenger train will open Bardhaman daily from 06:35 am and will reach Hatia at 05:30 pm. The opening time of the train 63504 from Hatia is 8:10 am and the time to reach Bardhaman is 8:30 pm. The operation of this train from Hatia will start from January 7.
- Train 63598/63597 Asansol-Ranchi-Asansol Memu Passenger will start operating from January 6. Train 63598 Asansol-Ranchi Memu Passenger will leave Asansol on January 6 at 5 am and reach Ranchi at 11:50 pm. Train 63597 will run from Ranchi at 12:55 in the afternoon and reach Asansol at 06:30 in the evening.
- Train 63596/56595 Asansol-Bokaro Steel City-Asansol Memu Passenger will start from January 6. Train 63596 will start from Asansol at 6:00 pm and reach Bokaro Steel City at 11:10 pm. Train 63595 will open from Bokaro Steel City at 3:35 am the next day and reach Asansol at 08:50 am.
- Special train between Gorakhpur to Mailani till 31 January North-Eastern Railway has decided to run the Gorakhpur-Mailani-Gorakhpur Express train from 05 January 2021 to 05009/05010. The train 05009 will open from Gorakhpur on January 6 from 10:20 pm and then will arrive at Mailani at 12:15 pm the next day via Siddharth Nagar, Gonda, Barabanki, Lucknow City and Lakhimpur. Train 05010 from Mailani will start at 05:30 pm and reach Gorakhpur by 06:45 am the next day. This train will run till 31 January.
- Train will start from Lucknow to Kathgodam- Train 05046 will run from Lucknow to Kathgodam on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday from January 6 to January 31. This train will leave Lucknow at 11:25 pm and reach Kathgodam at 8:05 am the next day via Bareilly, Pantnagar, Haldwani. In return, train 05044 will be run from Kathgodam to Lucknow on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from January 7 to January 31. Train 05044 will leave Kathgodam at 11:45 pm and reach Lucknow at 07:20 pm.
- Train between Kanpur to Kasganj Starting from January 6, North Eastern Railway train 05038/05037 Kasganj-Kanpur Anwarganj-Kasganj special train is starting. It will run until 1 February 2021. This train will leave Kasganj at 01:05 pm and reach Kanpur Anwarganj at 06:30 in the evening via Farrukhabad, Kannauj. In return, this train will leave Kanpur Anwarganj at 11:10 pm and reach Kasganj at 04:30 in the evening.
- Apart from this, train 05040/05039 special train will be run from 6 January to 31 January. Train 05040 will leave Kasganj from 09:00 am and reach Kanpur Anwarganj at 03:10 in the afternoon via Farrukhabad, Fatehgarh and Kannauj. In return, this train will leave Kanpur-Anwarganj at 02:30 in the afternoon and reach Kasganj at 09:05.