Kisan Credit Card KCC: To strengthen the farmers and reduce the debt burden on them, the government is taking many important steps, recently keeping in mind the needs of farmers, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that the country’s 2.5 Crore farmers will be provided with Kisan Credit Cards (KCC). Up to Rs 2 lakh crore will be given through them. The government has issued Kisan Credit Card to 25 lakh farmers in the last 2 months itself. The government has also made it easier for farmers to take loans through Kisan Credit Card (KCC). Through the Kisan Credit Card Scheme, farmers are given loans for work related to farming, it is much cheaper to take loans through the card. Kisan Credit Card has been linked with PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme.
Know What is Kisan Credit Card KCC
Farmers issue credit card banks. The aim of the government is to provide loans to farmers for purchase of agricultural commodities such as manure, seeds, pesticides, etc. Secondly, farmers need not take loans from moneylenders, who recover arbitrary interest. The loan availed under Kisan Credit Card is cheaper by 2-4 per cent, provided the loan is repaid on time.
The Advantages of Kisan Credit Card are: –
- With the Kisan Credit Card, the farmer can buy the necessities related to farming and later sell the crop and repay his loan.
- To take a loan of up to 60 lakh rupees, there is no need to mortgage the land.
- One gets a loan without any security.
- According to SBI, ATM-cum-debit cards are issued free of charge to all KCC account holders.
- There is a provision for interest relief of up to 2 percent on an annual basis for loans up to Rs 3 lakh.
- Early repayment of loans can provide up to 3 percent interest in annual interest.
- Interest rates on Kisan Credit Cards vary from bank to bank, typically ranging from 9-11.50 percent.
- Crop insurance is also covered in case of damage to crops in the fields due to insect attack or any natural calamity, at present crop insurance has been made voluntary.
- Dairy linked loan is also provided with Kisan Credit Card.
- The Kisan Credit Card is made for five years with a 10 percent increase every year on a renewal basis.
What are the required documents for this?
- PAN card, voter ID, driving license, passport as ID proof
- For address proof like Aadhar card, Voter ID, driving license or any other government ID and passport size photo
Know where to get KCC?
- Where can one get a Kisan Credit Card?
- Co-operative Bank
- Regional rural bank
- National Payments Corporation of India
- State Bank of India
- Bank of india
- Industrial Development Bank of India
Who can take Kisan Credit Card?
- Any person connected with farming, fisheries and animal husbandry is eligible to get a Kisan Credit Card.
- The farmer can take advantage of this even if he cultivates his own land.
- The minimum age should be 18 years and maximum 75 years.
- If the age of the farmer is more than 60 years, then a co-applicant will also be employed, whose age is below 60 years.
- After filling the farmer’s form, the bank employee will see if you are eligible for it.
- Animal husbandry and fisheries will also be able to get a loan of up to 2 lakh rupees under this.
- Just then you will get a Kisan Credit Card issue.
Where to download Kisan Credit Card form for KCC
- Official website https://pmkisan.gov.in/ to download Kisan Credit Card form. Go to
- On the right side of the Former tab in the website, the option of Download Kisan Credit Form (Download KKC Form) is given.
- Print the form from here and you can fill it and submit it to the nearest bank.
- The government has kept the validity of the card for five years.
What do bank officials see for Kisan Credit Card KCC?
Before giving loan, the bank applicants verify the farmer, it is seen whether he is a farmer or not. Then its revenue record is checked, Aadhaar for identification, PAN and photo is taken, after which an affidavit is taken that no other bank is owed.