Static Password: The Income Tax Department had launched its new portal early last month on 7 June 2021. This new portal has been developed to make it easier for taxpayers to file ITR (Income Tax Return). To ease the process of e-filing, the department has added several features to the new portal, including the facility to generate a static password. This feature is very useful for people who face network connection problems or do not have access to mobile phones. In the absence of a good network, getting a One Time Password (OTP) or Electronic Verification Code (EVC) code is a very difficult task, in which case Static Password emerges as a better feature.
Which people will have to pay double TDS from July 1, know whether you are also in this category?
Generate Static Password like this
- Log on to the new income tax portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/.
- After logging in, click on My Profile under the Profile page.
- In the menu on the left, the option of Generate Static Password will appear, click on it. Please read all the instructions carefully before clicking on it.
- A new generated static password will be generated on the registered mail id.
- Taxpayers will be given 10 static passwords at a time and any one can be used for login. However, also note that a password cannot be reused and will be valid only for 30 days.
Check status of static password like this
You get 10 static passwords at a time but cannot use the same password again. This means that you have to see which password is active, that is, which one is not used. To check it follow the steps given below.
- Login to the new portal of Income Tax.
- Under Profile option, click on Static Password.
- Active static passwords and their validity will be displayed on the screen.
- To get the static password again, if you click on resend, then the static password which has not been used will be received on the registered mail id.