Average ambulance response instances in England final month had been the longest on report – as greater than half of individuals at main A&Es needed to wait longer than 4 hours for the primary time since information started in 2011.
New figures present the typical response time in December for ambulances in England coping with probably the most pressing incidents – outlined as calls from individuals with life-threatening diseases or accidents – was 10 minutes and 57 seconds.
This is the longest on report and compares to the goal commonplace response time for pressing incidents of seven minutes.
The common wait instances for Category 2 ambulance calls – emergencies comparable to coronary heart assaults and strokes – was over an hour and a half for the primary time (1hr 32m54s). The goal for these calls is eighteen minutes.
Key figures at a look:
- Average December response time for ambulances coping with most pressing incidents, outlined as calls from individuals with life-threatening diseases or accidents, was 10 minutes 57 secs. The goal is seven minutes
- Average wait instances for Category 2 ambulance calls – emergencies comparable to coronary heart assaults and strokes – was 1hr 33mins. The goal is eighteen minutes
- 50.4% of sufferers attending main A&E departments not seen throughout the goal time of 4 hours – the primary time on report the determine has been greater than half
- NHS England ready lists for routine procedures comparable to cataracts operations falls from 7.21m to 7.19m -although that is nonetheless second highest determine on report
- The proportion of most cancers sufferers in England who noticed a specialist inside two weeks pressing GP referral grows from 77.8% in October to 78.8% in November
The newest NHS England figures additionally confirmed a complete of fifty.4% of sufferers attending main A&E departments weren’t seen throughout the goal time of 4 hours.
That is 4.9% worse than November and 19% worse than the equal month pre-pandemic, in December 2019.
More than a 3rd (35%) of individuals attending all A&Es – together with specialist centres and minor accidents items – waited longer than 4 hours. That can be the worst stage on report and the one time that determine has been increased than a 3rd.
It is 3.9% worse than November and 14.8% worse than December 2019.
Meanwhile, NHS England ready lists for routine procedures comparable to cataracts operations fell for the primary time since May 2020 – however the variety of individuals ready over a yr for therapy continues to be 220 instances greater than earlier than the pandemic.
A complete of seven.19m are ready for NHS therapy – down from 7.21m.
The peak of seven.21m recorded in October was an increase of three.3m on 3.95m in May 2020 – and adopted 29 months of consecutive development for the ready record.
However, 7.19m continues to be the second highest quantity there has ever been on the ready record on the finish of a month since information started in 2007.
The variety of individuals ready greater than two years fell from 1,907 to 1,423, the quantity ready 18 months or extra dropped from 50,124 to 48,961 and the quantity ready greater than a yr fell from 410,983 to 406,575.
The figures had been revealed a day after as much as 25,000 ambulance staff walked out on strike in a dispute with the federal government over pay.
More strikes are scheduled, with nurses scheduled to stroll out subsequent Wednesday and Thursday, and one other ambulance strike the week after, on 23 January.
The new NHS England figures confirmed a report 264,391 pressing most cancers referrals had been made by GPs in England in November, the very best quantity in information going again to 2009.
The proportion of most cancers sufferers in England who noticed a specialist inside two weeks of being referred urgently by their GP grew from 77.8% in October to 78.8% in November – however was nonetheless beneath the 93% goal.
Some 61% of the report 16,296 most cancers sufferers who had their first therapy in November after an pressing referral by their GP had waited lower than two months – a rise from 60.3% the earlier month however beneath the 85% goal.
And a report common of 14,069 hospital beds per day final week in England had been occupied by individuals able to be discharged – up from 13,134 the earlier week and 11,795 at this level final yr.
- If you might be an NHS employee and wish to share your experiences with us anonymously, please e mail [email protected]