Twitter Verification Process: Now people can apply for verification of their accounts on Twitter. After suspending verification applications for a week, Twitter has resumed receiving applications from people for verification. On May 20, eight days after the official announcement about the relaunch of verification, the verification applications were put on hold. The company announced last month that it may take a few days or up to a few weeks to respond to the verification applications submitted by users.
The verification process or the process of getting blue ticks on Twitter accounts is dependent on the volume of applications that Twitter is getting. Therefore, it is not clear when users can expect a response from the company or whether the response time has changed after paused and reopened.
Who can be verified?
To be verified on Twitter, it is necessary that the profiles on this platform should be in one of the six categories given below. These profiles must have profile name, profile image, e-mail address / mobile number. Apart from this, according to Twitter, the account should be active for at least six months.
- Companies, Brands and Organizations
- News organizations and journalists
- Sports and Gaming
- Activists, Organizers and Other Influential Individuals
Xiaomi breaks silence on Mi 11 Ultra’s availability in India, says supply constraints are out of control
How will the account verification be done?
- In the next few weeks, Twitter users will see a new verification application in the account settings tab. This option will be visible to all the users in a phased manner i.e. all the users will not see this option simultaneously.
- Once the Verification Application option is available, users will have to list the eligible category from which they belong.
- Twitter will then ask for identity details from users, including government-issued IDs, official email addresses, or in some cases an official website link that directly refers to a Twitter account.
- Twitter will notify the applicant via e-mail after some time after the application is submitted. This process may take a few days to weeks and will depend on how many applications have been submitted.
- Once the application is approved, a blue badge will appear on the profile. If the application is not approved, then after 30 days of getting information about the decision of the company, you will be able to apply again.