Oximeter is used to measure oxygen levels and heart rate and is extremely useful for corono virus patients.
There is a fear of the second wave of Coronavirus across the country. Meanwhile, the oxygen level of patients is falling. On the other hand with the alarming increase in cases of corono virus across the country, doctors and experts are advising COVID-19 patients to use oximeters at home to track their blood oxygen levels.
Many times people make a mistake using the Oximeter and panic after seeing the wrong results. Here we are talking about the right way to use oximeter. The center has also shared step by step instructions on how to keep track of the blood oxygen levels of the COVID-19 patient to understand whether the patient needs to be hospitalized.
Oximeters are used to measure oxygen levels and heart rates and are extremely useful for corono virus patients. In many cases there is difficulty in breathing due to the drop in oxygen level. If you are also having any such problem then you can use oximeter in this way…
- Before putting your finger inside the oximeter, wash hands thoroughly with soap, removing nail polish, fake nails.
- Before taking measurements, one should rest for at least five minutes.
- Rest your hand on your chest and stay like this for a while.
- Now put the middle or index finger on the oximeter and check it.
- The reading may fluctuate, wait for it to stabilize. If the reading is not stable, keep the oximeter at least for a minute or longer.
- If the result has not changed for five seconds, then note its reading.
— MyGovIndia (@mygovindia) April 24, 2021
According to experts, the level of oxygen needs to be monitored every six hours. Baseline saturation should not be below 94 percent. If it is less than 94 percent, a doctor may need to be contacted.
For better oxygenation at home, the Center has asked COVID-19 patients to lie on their stomachs with the help of 4-5 pillows. This is known as ‘proning’. COVID-19 patients have also been asked to take a 6-minute walk test, in which the patient should walk 6 minutes inside the room and check the oxygen level later. If there is a fluctuation of 4 percent or more, you may need to go to the hospital.
read this also- If you are also the administrator of WhatsApp group, then know this, what will happen to you after the ‘pornographic’ post sent to the group!
Also read- iPhone users will now be able to unlock phones even wearing masks, new iOS update launched