- 05 accused will remain in jail
- 67 lakhs have been rigged
Nagpur. Despite the orders of the General Assembly regarding the stationery scam exposed in the Municipal Corporation, the inquiry committee has not yet been appointed. Even though many people seem to be getting relief from this, but the 5 accused arrested in the scam so far do not see any exemption. On Wednesday, the Chief Justice of the District Sessions Court, Pawar refused to grant bail, citing the seriousness of the matter and citing strong evidence against all the accused.
It is noteworthy that after the registration of the case in the police station, Colba Sakore, the owner of the company which carried out the scam, Atul Sakore was arrested. After investigating the matter, the police arrested the auditor Ashfaq, Accounts Officer Rajesh Meshram and General Administration Department employee Mohan Padvanshi from the Finance Department as soon as the matter of the administration’s involvement in it was exposed.
All the accused will remain in jail
It is noteworthy that after investigating Kolba Sakore and Atul Sakore, the court sent both of them to jail in MCR after the police did not ask for PCR. Similarly, the three employees of the Municipal Corporation who were caught later were also sent to jail. During the hearing on Wednesday, the lawyers appearing for the accused were of the view that the whole matter is of administrative lapses and not of scam. Apart from this, the company had received the funds from the Municipal Corporation without supply. She has been returned.
Even in the investigation, the police do not have to get any documents and other items from them. But the court was of the view that there is very strong evidence against all the accused, on the basis of which big financial fraud is being exposed. It is noteworthy that in view of the seriousness of the matter, the police department handed over the investigation of the entire case to the Financial Crimes Investigation (EOW) department.
Many big fish can get trapped
- According to sources, rate contract has been done with 5 agencies for stationery supply in Municipal Corporation. Notably, the five agencies belong to members of the same family, mainly Padmakar alias Kolba Sakore, who used to deal with the Municipal Corporation.
- Stationery was supplied throughout the year in different departments as per the requirement. During the Corona period, between 7 October 2020 to 31 July 2021, despite the stationery not being supplied, a bogus signature was received and a bill of 67 lakhs was received.
- Even 41 files were prepared for this. These files were prepared regarding stationery supply in the health department of Municipal Corporation. According to sources, mobiles have also been confiscated by the EOW, which has to be traced to reach the other accused.
officer in can
According to sources, due to the denial of bail, many officials of the Municipal Corporation have also come under threat. It is believed that even though the bill has been prepared by preparing bogus signatures of stationery supplies, but according to the procedure laid down for computerized and files, till the time the department is not scrutinized, nobody’s bill is drawn.
Despite having a rigorous process, how was the bill removed without scrutiny. How was the check of 67 lakhs given to the agency? During the discussion on stationery scam in the meeting of Municipal Corporation, MLA Praveen Datke had called it a scam of crores. Even the information about it having strong evidence was disclosed in the House.