Online EPF Transfer: Employees working in organized sector institutions have the facility of Employee Provident Fund (EPF or PF). Usually, the PF account is also changed on changing the job and PF contribution to the new company starts going to the new PF account. In such a situation, many PF accounts of those who change more than one job become PF and money is stored in all of them. If someone wants to transfer money from his old PF accounts to one PF account, then this facility is available.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) allows member employees to transfer PF money online. That is, without going anywhere, the employee can transfer money from one PF account to another. Its process is also very simple. But first, it is important to know what things will be required for PF transfer process.
Keep this preparation
- Employee’s UAN i.e. Universal Account Number should be activated on the member portal of EPFO https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- The mobile number used to activate the UAN should also be activated because the OTP will be sent to this number.
- The bank account number and Aadhaar number of the employee should be linked with his UAN.
- Date of exit of previous appointment should be in advance. If it is not, update it first.
- E-KYC must be pre-approved by the employer.
- Only one transfer request will be approved for the previous member ID.
- Before applying, verify and confirm all the personal information given inside the member profile.
- Also keep a soft copy of valid identity proof (PAN, Aadhaar or driving license) ready.
PF transfer process
- Visit the unified member portal of EPFO https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and log in using UAN and password.
- After login, go to ‘Online Services’ and click on the option ‘One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer Request)’.
Verify personal information related to current appointment and PF account.
- After this, click on the Get Details option. You will see PF account details of the previous appointment.
- To find the online claim form, select one from the previous employer and the current employer. You choose it based on the availability of Authorized Signatory Holding DSC.
- Choose any of the two employers and give the member ID or UAN.
- Lastly click on the ‘Get OTP’ option, which will bring the OTP to the mobile number registered in the UAN. Then enter that OTP and click on submit option.
Financial Tips for 2021: Want financial freedom in the new year, tie these important things
Within 10 days of submitting the online application, submit a self-attested copy of your online PF transfer application in PDF file to the selected company or institution. Companies or institutions approve the PF transfer request digitally. After approval, the PF is transferred to the new PF account with the current company.
A tracking ID is also generated during the PF transfer process. It can be used to track applications. Apart from this, the employee has to download the transfer claim form (Form 13). In some cases, the employee will have to submit this form to the company to complete the EPF transfer process.