Cases of corona infection are increasing once again across the country and a record number of corona infections are being found every day. There is a lot of pressure on the health sector due to increase in the number of corona infected and lack of necessary resources for the treatment of patients. Bad news is coming in every day and all of these frontline workers, including doctors, nurses, ward boys, support staff and diagnostic sector workers are falling for these most directly. In the midst of problems like double shift, no time for food and lack of sleep, he is thinking of staying away from his family for a long time. In such a situation, what the frontline workers are doing should be praised but their own physical and mental health should be worried. In the current era, the frontline workers need to be given more attention to themselves so that their condition can be better. Some tips are being given below so that they can try to keep themselves fit in such an environment.
Customs duty on import of oxygen and related goods, health cess will not be imposed for next three months
Important tips for health workers during the current crisis
- 10 Minute Team Gathering: Team support has a lot of meaning even during this difficult period. Even on a busy day, if everyone informally gathers a place for 10 minutes and during that time it is approved to share their talk, then it can prove to be very positive. It can be done in small or big groups and it can be done at the beginning of the day or at the end of the day so that it can reduce the pressure and this will increase the team spirit.
- Meal with a colleague: Food is very important for the health of any person. However, on a stressful working day many people forget hunger as well and as a result remain without eating. In such a situation, there may be lack of nutrition in the body and the ability to fight stress is reduced. If you get into the habit of having a meal with a member of the team, then it will become regular and relaxation will also be there. If you have a habit of eating food with someone, light-hearted conversation during that time also helps in reducing stress.
- 10 minutes stretch: Exercise is a very important and effective way to eliminate stress. Despite a busy day, which involves a lot of physical activity, taking a little time should do 10 minutes stretching exercises. This helps a lot in reducing physical stress. This stretching can be done at the beginning of the day or between work shifts or after work shifts or several times in a day and it depends on the stress level.
- music: Music is considered to be the best medium for reducing stress. This not only corrects the mood but also enhances positivity. Excellent music will help reduce any stressful environment. Music can reduce stress in a better way while eating or completing a difficult task or after work or traveling.
- Yoga and meditation: It is not only better therapy to eliminate stress, but is also better for physical, mental and emotional relief. In stretches, yoga helps in consolidating the heart and mind in a diet or breathing exercise. Yoga can be done every day or weekly. It has also proved to be a great help for such people who have been affected by depression for a long time. Meditation helps to reduce stress, anxiety. The best thing about yoga and meditation is that it can also be done at home and there is no need to spend anything for it.
(By- Sameer Bhide, author of ‘One Fine Day’ and rare hemorrhagic stroke surveyor. These views are personal to the author and have no connection with the policies of Financial Express Online.)