IPL 2020 UAE: Today is the beginning of IPL 2020 (IPL 2020) from September 19. This Mahakumbh of cricket will last for 53 days, in which the Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings will face each other in the first match today. Currently, due to COVID 19, this time the audience has had to wait a long time for the IPL.
There were also reports of players being corona positive as soon as camps started in the United Arab Emirates. At the same time, Suresh Raina left the tour in the middle and came back to India and made headlines. Currently, the BCCI has been successful in starting this tournament among them all.
Final will be held on November 10
The IPL 2020 will start on 19 September between the teams of Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings and its final match will be played on 10 November. That is, this time the tournament will be 53 days. A total of 60 matches will be played in 53 days, including qualifiers and final matches. Presently, this time the IPL will be different, given the Coronavirus. For this, the IPL governing body has also taken some special decisions.
TV Broadcast: Star Sports Network
Timing: 7:30 PM
Stream Online in India: Hotstar
IPL 2020 UAE Venue
This time, ie IPL 2020 will be held in the 3 venues of the UAE. The venue will be Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Sheikh Laid Cricket Stadium in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah Cricket Association of Sharjah.
Dream 11 Official Sponsor
Dream 11 is the official sponsor for the Indian Premier League (IPL) in the UAE. Chinese mobile brand Vivo was the previous sponsor of the IPL. But in view of the increasing tension between India and China, the Indian Cricket Board suspended the deal. BCCI received Rs 440 crore from Vivo, while Dream 11 will pay 222 crores to the board.
Winners so far
2008: Rajasthan Royals
2009: Deccan Chargers
2013: Mumbai Indians
2015: Mumbai Indians
2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad
2017: Mumbai Indians
2019: Mumbai Indians
This time 189 players from 8 teams
This time a total of 8 franchise teams are participating in the IPL, 189 players of which will participate in this Mahakumbh.
- Mumbai Indians: 24
- Chennai Superkings: 24
- Delhi: 22
- Punjab: 25
- KKR: 23
- Rajasthan: 25
- Bangalore: 21
- Hyderabad: 25
Note: Every franchisee must have at least 18 players with them. While their maximum number can be 25. A maximum budget of 85 crores is set for these players.
16 umpires will watch
This time in IPL 2020, there will be a team of 16 umpires. In this cash-rich league, 4 of these 16 umpires will be from the ICC Elite Panel. These include Chris Gaffney (New Zealand), Richard Ellingworth (England), Paul Rafael (Australia) and Nitin Menon (India). Another 12 are included in the BCCI’s own panel.
These players left the tournament in between
- Chris Woakes, Delhi Capitals (Auction for 1.5 Crore)
- Harry Garne, KKR (auctioned at 75 lakhs)
- Jason Rai, Delhi Capitals (Auction for 1.5 Crore)
- Suresh Raina, CSK (Auction for 11 Crores)
- Ken Richardson, RCB (auctioned at 4 crores)
- Lasith Maling, Mumbai Indians (auctioned at 2 crores)
- Harbhajan Singh, CSK (Auction for 5.5 Crore)
Major decisions of the governing body
- All matches will be played at 7:30 pm local time in the evening.
- If a player is sick due to coronavirus in the middle, then it can be replaced.
- There will be no spectators in the stadium in the opening matches. A limited number of spectators can get entry from the mid of the tournament. However, this will be on the decision of the UAE Government.
- All players must travel by chartered plane.
- Top medical professionals will be arranged.
#IPL #UAE #Nonstop #entertainment #Danadan #cricket #today