The Central Government has increased the last date for linking PAN with Aadhaar number from 31 March 2021 to 30 June 2021. The Income Tax Department gave this information by tweeting. The IT department has said that this is being done due to difficulties arising due to the corona virus epidemic.
Central Government extends the last date for linking of Aadhaar number with PAN from 31st March, 2021 to 30th June, 2021, in view of the difficulties arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic.(1/2)@nsitharamanoffc@Anurag_Office@FinMinIndia
— Income Tax India (@IncomeTaxIndia) March 31, 2021
What will happen if the link is not provided
According to the Income Tax Department, if the PAN card holders do not link the PAN to Aadhaar by the prescribed deadline, then the PAN will become inoperative. That is, it will not work.
RBI extends deadline for processing recurring online transactions, know what is the reason
Link PAN and Aadhaar like this
PAN can be linked to Aadhaar by sending a message from your mobile. You will need to message UIDPAN
For example, UIDPAN 111122223333 AAAPA9999Q
PAN and Aadhaar can also be linked by going to the service center of PAN service provider, NSDL or UTIITSL. For this, the form ‘Annexure-I’ will have to be filled and a copy of some supporting documents such as PAN card and Aadhaar card will have to be taken together. This process is not free. You will have to pay a fixed fee. This fee will depend on whether PAN or Aadhaar details have been improved at the time of linking.
- Go to https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
- Click ‘Link Aadhar’ in the Quick Links section on the left.
- Now the page will open, fill in PAN, Aadhaar number and your name on Aadhaar.
- If only the year of birth is mentioned in your Aadhaar, then you have to tick this option- ‘I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card’.
- After this enter the captcha code and click on the link base.
- After this, a confirmation page will open, in which the PAN will show that the Aadhaar has been successfully linked.