Plastic money (debit card and credit card) has become an important part of all our lives today. Its importance has increased in the digital age. Considering its importance, it can be estimated that when we forget the passwords associated with these cards, then how much problem can happen. There is no need to worry about forgetting the password and you can reset it easily.
How to reset debit card PIN
There are basically two options to recreate the PIN of the debit card of your savings account. One offline and the other online. First, we talk about offline methods. The PIN of the ATM card will be generated in two phases in an offline way. In the first phase a temporary pin will be made and in the second phase a permanent pin will be created.
How to make a temporary pin
- SMS ‘PIN last 4 digits of card number last four digits of bank account’ to mobile number registered with bank account and SMS to 567676. This message will be chargeable, so this message cannot be sent with an unlimited plan.
- A four digit PIN will come on your mobile. This is a temporary PIN which is valid only for two days.
- Follow the stated options by calling SBI’s customer care number 1800112211 and 18004253800.
- Choose your language first.
- After this, choose the option of ATM Card Services.
- After this, select the option of ATM PIN generation.
- Confirm by filling your SBI debit card number and select the option mentioned.
- After this, the bank account number will be sought. Fill it and press 1.
- There will be a number on your mobile number which is a temporary PIN.
Via ATM machine
- Swipe the ATM card at the nearest ATM machine.
- Clip on pin generation.
- Please confirm by entering an 11-digit account number.
- After this, confirm by entering the mobile number.
- A four-digit OTP will come to your mobile which is a temporary PIN.
Ways to create a permanent PIN number
- After the temporary PIN is created, you have to generate a permanent PIN. For this, swipe your ATM card.
- Click on banking.
- Go to language
- After this enter a temporary PIN and enter.
- Then choose the option of Change PIN.
- Enter your desired PIN This is the permanent PIN of your debit card.
Ways to create online PIN
If you want, you can prepare ATM PIN right from home. However, for this you have to have net banking.
- Go to www.onlinesbi.com and log in to your account.
- Click on e-Services.
- Click on ATM Card Services.
- Click on ATM Pin Generation.
- There will be two options, through OTP or through profile. In this, choose the option to proceed through OTP.
- OTP will come on your mobile. Fill that OTP.
- After this, there will be an option to choose an account. Choose the account whose ATM card you want to create a PIN from.
- There will be an option to choose an ATM card.
- You make two digits and two digits will come on your registered mobile. This is the PIN of your ATM card.
How to get credit card PIN again
- If you have forgotten the PIN code of your credit card, then you can recreate it right from home.
- Log on to www.sbicard.com.
- Click on ‘Forgot User ID or Password’ under the login.
- Fill your card number, CVV number (written on the back of the card), date of birth and click on Proceed.
- After this, there will be an option to generate OTP.
- Validate the OTP sent to the registered mobile number and then reset your password.