Golgappe Recipe: Make Golgappas at home, know easy recipe: On hearing the name Golgappe, the mouth becomes watery. You will find these for eating everywhere in the market from hand carts to five star hotels. In the film Queen, you will remember how Kangana Ranaut made the desi golgappas in foreign countries and fed them to the British. Just like Kangana, you can easily make instant golgappas at your home.
Make Golgappe Recipe at home
It often happens to people that they ate golgappas somewhere due to which their stomach got upset. But Golgappe is one of the healthiest street food in India. If you eat it at home and eat it, your taste will remain and health too, then let us tell you the easy recipe to make Golgappa and its spicy water at home. You can also make it specially for the guests at your home.
- A quarter cup maida
- A cup of semolina
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Golgappa tamarind sour and sweet chutney
- Black Salt
- cumin powder
- Dry red chili
- Jaggery or sugar
Soak the tamarind in hot water for 2 hours. After 2 hours the tamarind will flower, mash it and filter the pulp so that the seeds and fibers are removed.
- Take a large bowl, add semolina, maida and two spoons of oil. Mix it well.
- Now slowly add water and start making pedas.
- To make the peda soft for about 3 minutes with your hand. This process will help us to make gol gappas crisp.
- While making the pedas, remember that the pedas should not be too caddy nor too soft.
- When the pedas are ready, cover them with a bowl and keep them aside.
- After 5 minutes, we will take small tree balls in our hands to make gol gappas.
- Rotate the trees round and round with the help of your palm and press the trees lightly. Gol guppo with the help of rolling pin
- Try to make a shape oval or round. We will say that you make them in oval shape.
- You can make all gol gappos in the same way.
- Take a pan, add oil to deep fry. Heat the oil on high heat. When it gets hot, add gol gappa dal to it.
- Turn the stove on low heat. Fry them till they become golden in color.
- When their color turns golden, then flip them and fry them for 10 seconds. Now take them out with hot oil.
- Please do not break your heart if some gol gappas have not flowered. This is a simple matter. You can use gol gappas which are not puffed up like papri. It is a fact that this is what all gol gappers sell.
Gol gappa is ready to enjoy and eat.
- In Delhi, eating Gol Gappa without semolina and drinking spicy water seems incomplete. These are known as Pani Puri in Mumbai and Puchka in Kolkata. Just now I have told you the method of making gol gappas… eat these delicious mouth-watering gol gappas with pleasure.