Naomi Osaka was born on October 16, 1997, in Osaka, Japan. His mother’s name is Tamaki Osaka and her father’s name is Leonard François. His mother is from Japan and her father is from Haiti.
She was raised in the United States since the age of 3, but still holds her Japanese citizenship and represents Japan in the Tennis Court.
Naomi Osaka used to play tennis with her elder sister Mari. Naomi’s elder sister Mari had been winning Naomi for years in tennis and this victory of Mari always inspired Naomi. It took Naomi 12 years to defeat her sister and Naomi says that this is one of the biggest moments in her life.
Naomi Osaka, who started playing tennis in just seven years, is the first Japanese tennis player to win a Grand Slam title, and also the first Asian player to achieve the World’s No.1 ranking.
Naomi Osaka walked the path of her ideal Venus and Serena Williams, rejecting the Junior Tournaments.
In 2013, Naomi made her debut in the Professional Tennis Court.
In 2016, Naomi was voted “Newcomer of the Year” by the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association).
Naomi won her first WTA Tour victory in 2018 in Indian Wells, California.
In September 2018, at the age of just 20, Naomi played the US Open. This player had neither the greed for victory nor the fear of defeat, just passion in the eyes and dedication to tennis. Naomi played very good tennis in the entire US Open Tournament. Now the time had come for which Naomi had been waiting for a long time. The time had come for Naomi to be herself of this world
To prove the best tennis player.
The day was 9 September 2018 US Open Final. On one side was the great tennis player Serena Williams and on the other side was less experienced Naomi Osaka.
Seeing Serena’s ability and form, everyone felt that Serena would also win the final.
The best moment for Naomi Osaka, whom few people knew before this match, had come only when she came to play in front of her idol Serena.
Naomi soon offered a sample of her talent. In this match which lasted 1 hour 19 minutes, Naomi defeated Serena 6–2, 6–4 in straight sets. Seeing Naomi’s victory, she completed
The world was stunned. There was a step in the world of tennis by a player who created panic when he came.
Today Naomi showed that if the determination is combined with hard work, then any goal can be achieved. At the age of just 20, Naomi defeated tennis great Serena Williams. Serena, who won the Grand Slam more than Naomi’s age at that time, had also bowed down in front of Naomi’s passion and talent.
Naomi Osaka achieved the world’s No.1 Ranking at the age of just 22, winning both the US Open and 2019 Australia Open in 2018 and became the first Asian and Japanese player to do so, as well as she proved That the victory against Serena was not a ruckus but a new tennis star was born.
We learn from Naomi Osaka’s life that no one knows you better than you when the whole world was thinking of winning Serena, at that time Naomi showed confidence in herself and proved herself. There should be faith in oneself and there should be passion in the eyes, then even the biggest obstacle is crossed.
Some interesting things related to Naomi Osaka’s life
1. Despite being Japanese, Naomi can understand the Japanese language but is not able to fully communicate in the Japanese language. At the Australian Open, his handler first repeated questions in Japanese and then in English.
2. Talking about Naomi’s elder sister Mari, she speaks English and Japanese quite well compared to Naomi.
3. Osaka decided to renounce his US citizenship in 2019 so that he could represent Japan at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
4. Naomi’s father saw both Serena Williams and Venus Williams’ sisters-in-law at the French Open in 1999, drawing inspiration from both of their daughters Naomi and Mari
Be inspired to play tennis.
5. Even before the US Open Final, Naomi faced Serena Williams in Miami Masters, March 2018. Naomi won the match 6-3 6-2. Although many people did not give Osaka enough credit to win the match, as Serena returned after returning from maternity leave in that match, Osaka defeated Serena at the US Open 2018 to silence her critics.
6. Naomi had a Serve of 125 mph in a match at the 2016 US Open, served so fast at the speed that Naomi had Serve, only 9 women players in Tennis history had ever done it themselves There is a record, it is worth mentioning that at the time when Naomi did this feat, she was only 19 years old.
7. Naomi Osaka is the first Asian and Japanese player to achieve No.1 Position in the World Ranking released by the WTA.
8. Naomi Osaka wrote in her school essay in childhood that Serena Williams is her idol and her dream of playing with Serena.
9. Naomi Osaka is also the world’s highest-grossing female athlete. Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka earned $ 37.4 million in prize money and brand endorsements and also became the highest-grossing female athlete in a year.
10. Seeing Naomi playing at the Australian Open 2016, Serena Williams’s words were: –
He is very young and aggressive player, he is very good and talented player and also very dangerous.