In this article, we have written the complete information about broiler poultry farming. In this, we have complete information about broiler poultry farming, construction of sheds, care of chicks, vaccination, brooding.
Today, broiler farming has emerged as a well-developed business in India. Broiler poultry farming is a business of making more and more money in less time. Even small farmers can do this in small villages, all they need is the right guide. It is important to know before understanding Broiler farming guide – what is broiler chicken?
What is a broiler chicken?
Broiler chickens are reared for meat. The broiler species of cock or hen are 40 grams after hatching, which after feeding the grain is about 1.5 kg to 2 kg in 6 weeks.
Let us know – what is the method of broiler poultry? How to Start Broiler Farming Guide?
How to build a shed for a broiler farm?
Selection of place for form Selection of place for making shed
- The place should be flat and at some height, so that rain water cannot be stored in the form.
- Do not be too far from the main road so that the arrival of people and vehicles can be done correctly.
- Electricity and water facilities are available correctly.
- Chicks, broiler granules, medicines, vaccines, etc. are easily available.
- There should also be a market for selling broiler chickens.
Making of shed for farm Making of shed for broiler farm
- The shed should always be in the east-west direction and the lattice side of the shed should be in the north-south so that the air can flow properly from inside the shed and there should not be much sunlight.
- The width of the shed can be 30-35 feet and the length you need.
- The floor of the shed should be fixed.
- The wall in the netted side on either side of the shed should be only 6 inches higher than the floor.
- The roof of the shed should be made of asbestos or sheet of cement and there should be space for ventilation in the middle. Keep the sheet on both sides 3 feet long so that the shed does not get sent by the rain shower.
- The height of the side of the shed should be 8-10 feet from the floor and the middle height should be 14-15 feet from the floor.
- There should be proper arrangement of electric bulbs, poultry and water utensils, water tank inside the shed.
- Build a shed a little farther away from another shed. If you want, you can also divide the same long shed by making a wall in equal parts.
Information on grain and water pots Feeders and drinkers for broiler farm
- It is very important to have at least 3 water and 3 grains of pot for every 100 chicks.
- Grain and water utensils you can use any type of manual or automatic. Manual vessels are easy to clean but have little difficulty in delivering water, but automatic utensils have a pipe system that fills tank water directly into the water vessel.
Sawdust or Litter Management of Litter
- You can use wood powder, peanut rind or paddy rind for sawdust or litter.
- It is necessary to lay a 3-4 inch layer of litter on the floor before the chick comes. Litter should be completely new and there should not be any kind of infection in it.
Brooding in chicken farm Brooding in chicken farm
- Brooding is most essential for the correct development of chicks. The entire business of Broiler Farms depends entirely on brooding. If there is a mistake in brooding, then your chicks will die weakly in 7-8 days or they will not develop properly even if you use the right grain.
- Just as the hen gives heat to its chicks by keeping it under its wings for some time, in the same way, the chicks have to be given temperature in the form as per the need.
- Brooding is done in many ways – from an electric bulb, a gas brooder or a brazier / cigarette.
1. Brooding with Bulbs by Electric Bulbs
You need regular electricity for this type of brooding. In the summer month 1 watt is needed per chick while in the winter month 2 watt is needed per chick.
Brooding is done 4-5 days in the summer month and in the winter month it is necessary to do brooding for 12-15 days. In the first week of chickens, place the brooder 6 inches above the litter and in the second week 10 to 12 inches above.
2. Brooding with Gas Brooder Brooding with Gas brooder
Gas brooders are available in the market as per the requirement and capacity like 1000 and 2000 capacity brooders. Gas brooder is the best method of brooding, because the temperature inside the shed remains the same.
3. Brooding with Fireplace using fireplace or cigar
These are especially for those areas where there is no electricity available or in areas where there is a lot of power cut. But it is very important to take care of it because it can also fill the smoke in the shed or can also cause fire.
Information related to Broiler Poultry Feed
3 types of granules are required in broiler farming. This granule is given according to age and weight of broiler chickens –
- Pre-starter feed (for chickens up to 0-10 days)
- Starter feed (for 11-20 day broiler chickens)
- Finisher feed (from 21 cin to sale of chicken)
Drinking water for chickens
The broiler cock drinks 2-3 liters of water after eating 1 kg of grain. Drinking water doubles in summer. The number of chicks that will come when you multiply it by 2 weeks, will be consumed per 100 chicks of water, like –
First week = 1 X 2 = 2 liters of water / 100 chick.
Second week = 2 X 2 = 4 liters of water / 100 chick.
How much space is required for a broiler chicken?
First week – 1 sqft / 3 chicks
2nd week – 1 sqft / 2 chicks from
3rd week to 1 kg – 1 sqft / 1 chick from
1 to 1.5 kg – 1.25 sqft / 1 chick
1.5 kg to sell – 1.5 sqft / 1 Chick
When chujas are properly placed, chuzo is good for growth and protects against many types of diseases.
Managing lights or lights for broiler chickens
Chicks should be given 23 hours of light and the lights should be turned off for one hour, so that the chickens should not be afraid even when it is dark. There should not be any reduction in light in the first 2 weeks because the chickens remain stress free and the grains eat water well. The light of the shed should be reduced gradually.
Complete information about broiler chickens Information on Broiler Chicks Management
- Clean the shed well 7-8 days before the arrival of the chick. First of all, remove the spider webs thoroughly and only then clean the bottom. After that wash the floor thoroughly and paint with pick.
- Then spray 3 percent formalin or any good disinfectant outside and outside the shed and cover the curtains with both the mesh side.
- Place a thick layer of sawdust or litter up to 3-4 inches on the floor 1-2 days before the cough. Litter should be completely new and dry.
- 24 hours before the arrival of the chick, make a circular house with a sheet of tin whose dia-meter should be 3 meters for 250 chicks.
- Place two layers of newspaper or paper over the sawdust inside that circular house.
- Close the shed completely by dropping the curtains on both sides 24 hours before the arrival of the chick and turn on the bulb or brooder inside the shed so that the chicks get the correct temperature (75oF) as soon as they arrive.
- Also, keep water pots near the brooder at the same time. Add electrolyte powder and potassium chloride to the water.
- Remove the chickens from the chix box as soon as possible. Too late, the chickens may also become dehydrated and the chickens may die. So after leaving the chickens, give them some water to drink.
- After drinking water pour the corn porridge on the paper and also let the corn porridge be eaten for 6-8 hours in the donated vessel. Only then give the prestarter to eat.
- Get chicks delivered in the morning or afternoon on the farm during the winter months, never at night.
- Keep small and weak chicks away from good chicks and give them grains of water separately. This is because weak chickens eat or drink water with other chickens, while healthy chickens crush the weak and they die. But if you find any type of disease in some chickens, then immediately keep them away from other healthy chicks at the same time.
- Appropriate medicines and vaccination are absolutely necessary for the proper development of chicks.
- Multivitamin, Vitamin C and Lysine are needed more to reduce stress and heat stress in summer.
- To prevent ammonia from the sawdust or litter inside the shed, sprinkle 1 kg 20 sq. Ft. Of worm / litter by digging the sawdust / litter twice every week. This keeps the litter dry and does not cause Ammonia.
- To make the water clear, add 6 grams of bleaching powder and 1 gram of potassium permanganate per 1000 liters of water.
- Do not use any type of antibiotic 3 days before and 3 days after vaccination, this reduces the strength of the vaccine. Also, do not mix any kind of sanitizer or bleaching powder in water 1 day before and 1 day after. Antistress vitamins such as B-Complex, Lysine Vitamin should be given before and after vaccination.
- For any kind of healthy discomfort in broiler chickens, immediately consult your nearest specialist.
Vaccination schedule of broiler chickens
Always immunize healthy chickens and give antibiotics to cure sick chickens!
|day||Vaccine or vaccine name||Way of giving|
|Within 6-7 days||Lasota Vaccine / Ranikhet disease for Lasota vaccine / Ranikhet disease||Eye drops|
|Within 10-12 days||Infectious Brusal Disease / Gumboro For Infectious Brusal Disease Or Gumboro||In cold or ice water, with milk or milk powder|
|Within 18-21 days||Lasota Vaccine (intermediate) booster vaccine of Lasota Vaccine||In cold or ice water, with milk or milk powder|
|Within 24-30 days||Gumboro disease booster vaccine for Gumbro binaries||In cold or ice water, with milk or milk powder|
Biosecurity information about broiler chicken farm
- Keep broiler hen seeds in a clean dry place, because when it becomes open and old, the pustule forms in the rash which is bad for the health of chickens and chickens.
- Do not let outside people near the farm and shed! This increases the risk of infection from outside in the farm.
- Sprinkle the chunas 3-4 times a month outside and inside the shed.
- Stop the hen dealer’s cart away from the shed. On taking the pass, there is a risk of another form coming into the infection form.
- Do not allow dogs, cats, rats and outdoor birds inside the farm.
- Wear your rubber shoes before entering the farm shed and immerse yourself in 3 percent formalin.
- Before moving from one shed to another shed your rubber shoes in 3 percent formalin or use different shoes for each shed and wash hands thoroughly with soap.
- Do not overcrowding keep chicks in the same shed as per its capacity. This increases diseases and makes it difficult to clean.
- After the sale of broiler chickens, do not throw the litters of the shed near the shed and dig them somewhere far away.
How to take care of broiler chickens in winter season?
Note the following things in the winter season in broiler poultry farming –
- During the winter months, deliver the chicks in the morning, in the evening or at night, the bill is not total because in the evening the cold keeps increasing.
- Cover the shed 24 hours before the arrival of the chicks.
- The brooder must be ON at least 2-4 hours before the chickens arrive.
- Keep the water under the brooder already, this will also make the water slightly warmer.
- If the cold is high, you can also make the broker anti-air for some time by covering a small round shed with any polythene.
First week – 90 ° F – 95 ° F.
Second week – 5 ° F. Continue reducing the temperature daily until the chicks are cooled.
How to take care of broiler chickens in the summer month?
In the summer of broiler poultry, note the following things –
- Drink water containing electrolyte powder as soon as it reaches the form of chicks. Allow the chickens to drink this water for 5-6 hours.
- Apply appropriate number of water utensils – 3-4 utensils for 100 chicks.
- Only give corn porridge for 6-8 hours.
- Do not brood during the day.
- Keep thickness 1.5-2 inches in sawdust.
- Ventilation in the shed must be correct. Keep the curtains open both day and night.
- If possible, place a sprinkler on the roof or place a straw channel on the roof.
- To reduce the stress arising from Garmi, give Vitamin C in water.
- Start selling chickens as soon as they are 1-1.5 kg.
- Do not feed the chickens above 750 grams from 10 am to 5 pm or raise the feeder.
- Do not overcrowding, keep chickens up to 20 percent less than the capacity of the shed if possible.
How to take care of broiler chickens during the rainy month?
Note the following things in the month of rain in broiler poultry farming –
- Drink water with electrolyte powder + potassium permanganate as soon as chickens reach the form. Allow the chickens to drink this water for 5-6 hours followed by 6-8 hours of maize porridge and then a pre-starter.
- Keep the appropriate temperature of the brooder according to the season.
- Ventilation in the shed must be correct. Keep the curtains open both times of the day and night, if there is more rain then cover it.
- Do not allow water to accumulate inside the shed.
- Keep the thickness of sawdust 2-3 inches.
- Reduce movement in and out of the shed during the rainy month.
Hopefully, you will get help from Broiler Farming Guide in this article.