In today’s time, many works are being done to provide employment to women and for their development. So that the poor, backward women of our country can become self-sufficient. Therefore, the Government of India and the State Government are running many types of schemes. The development of any country occurs only when the women of that country develop.
The growth of society is impossible without the development of women. That is why all countries are emphasizing on the development of women. The employment and training cooperation scheme for women of India was started in 1986-87. The aim of which is to develop rural and urban poor women.
Along with other countries of the world, employment of women in India is focusing on women empowerment. Through various schemes, the government is becoming aware of the violence and discrimination against women. Government of India is running various employment schemes for women so that they are financially prosperous and respected in society. These schemes are helping the oppressed and vulnerable women.
The schemes run by the Government of India for women employees are as follows:
1. Women Self-Employment Scheme
In order to provide employment to women and to encourage their system, the State Governments have launched the Mahila Swarozgar Yojana. This scheme provides employment to poor women. This scheme is being started by the state governments so that women can not depend on anyone for getting employment, to meet their daily needs.
The main objective of this scheme is to make women self-reliant. This scheme was started in 2005 but due to some shortcomings in the scheme, its goal was not met, so the state governments made many changes to make the scheme successful so that the scheme could be successful.
Women were provided ₹ 2500 in aid under this scheme. Which has now been increased by the state governments to ₹ 5000? This amount is given to women for purchasing commercial instruments. So that this allows women to start their employment.
Features of Women Self Employment Scheme
1) Employment opportunities-
The training provided in this scheme provides many employment opportunities to women such as embroidery, weaving, paan, flowers, fruit or vegetable shops, pickles, opening sewing centres etc., and can nurture their family is
2) Facility to disabled and poor women-
Under this scheme, poor women disabled, physically disabled women are given financial assistance. So that they can get employment by starting their own business.
3) Making women powerful
Through this scheme, the state has to provide employment opportunities to such women who belong to the backward region, to make them aware so that they can be empowered.
Eligibility Conditions for Women Self Employment Scheme-
1) The beneficiary must be over 18 years of age to benefit from the Women Self Employment Scheme.
2) In the self-employment scheme, only poor women are given money for employment.
3) The annual income of the family should not exceed 35 thousand.
4) Only women of the state can take advantage of this scheme. Women should be permanent residents of the state.
Documents required for Women Self Employment Scheme-
1) To avail this scheme, a woman must have a native certificate of the state.
2) The applicant should have a bank account Cama passbook.
3) The applicant should have certificates such as voter card, Aadhaar card, ration card.
4) The applicant should have a certificate of income.
5) The applicant should have a caste certificate.
2) Self Help Group Scheme-
Women are taught to save under self-help groups. Women keep a small part of their savings deposited in these self-help groups. If a woman wants to start her employment, she is provided a loan from a self-help group.
Banks provide more financial support to such self-help groups. The number of members of self-help groups should be at least 10 and maximum 20. With the money collected in self-help groups, women can start micro or small industries in the village. Due to which other women of the group also get employment and get income.
Objectives of Self Help Group Scheme-
1) The objective of this scheme is to create mutual trust between banks and rural poor people.
2) In rural Dileep women, both savings and loan banking activities have to be encouraged.
The objective of this scheme is to develop credit-related policies to meet the needs of poor women.
Benefits of Self Help Group Scheme-
1) The creation of self-help groups reduces the dependence on women’s money on other institutions.
2) Self-help groups are given funds from banks which makes it easier to transact money.
3) In self-help groups, leadership is given to a woman who manages the management of the entire group.
Women from this group can use their small savings in case of need or in case of emergency for their group work.
Conditions for selection of self-help group
1) The number of support group members should be between 10 and 20.
2) The bank should be satisfied with the establishment of the group and its objectives.
3) The group should keep common records with them.
To avail this scheme, a woman must have a native certificate of the state.
3) free sewing machine scheme
Free sewing machine scheme is being launched by the Prime Minister of our country to provide employment to poor and educated women of the country. According to the plan, the Government of India will provide free sewing machines to close and working women of the country.
According to the scheme, women will be able to get the sewing machine for free and can start their own employment at home with a free sewing machine, so that they can get a good income by sewing clothes, they can start their own employment sitting at home with the free sewing machine. From which she can get a good income by sewing clothes.
Under the free sewing machine scheme, the government will provide free machines to more than 60,000 women in every state of the country. Under this scheme, the poor and willing women of the country who want to get the sewing machine will have to apply for it. Only women between the ages of 20 and 40 years can participate in this scheme.
Benefits of a free sewing machine scheme –
1) Under this scheme, poor women of the country will get employment opportunities.
2) Women are motivated for employment so that they can become self-reliant by getting employment.
3) The scheme will provide free sewing machines to women.
4) Women can get income by sitting at home and sewing people’s clothes by getting a free sewing machine.
Eligibility Conditions of Free Sewing Machine Scheme-
1) The applying woman should be at least 20 years old and maximum of 40 years.
2) The annual income of the woman’s husband should not exceed ₹ 14000.
3) Disabled widow women of the country are also eligible for the scheme.
Financially weaker women can also apply for this scheme.
Documents required for sewing machine scheme
1) The woman applying should have an age certificate, identity card, income certificate.
2) If the woman is disabled, then a certificate of disability must be obtained from the doctor.
3) The applicant should have an Aadhaar card.
4) Must have passport size photo.
Therefore, the main objective of the schemes run by the government is to provide employment opportunities to women. Therefore, from time to time, the Central Government starts schemes to provide employment to women so that poor women can get employment and women can get income.