The world’s largest Internet company has been accused in online search against Google and for harming consumer interests. The US Department of Justice and 11 US states have filed a federal court in Washington DC against Google for alleged violations of the country’s antitrust law (ANTI TRUST LAW). Google has declined to comment on the lawsuit.
The lawsuit against Google, the world’s largest Internet company, alleged that Google pays the phone manufacturer to ensure that the default search engine is its own. When any consumer does an online search through Google (GOOGLE ONLINE SEARCH), then it directly benefits Google. As a search engine, Google earns billions of dollars every year. It should be noted that in 2019, the company’s revenue was $ 162 billion.
Antitrust law (ANTI TRUST)
In the free market, there is a competition between different manufacturers and service providers, this improves the quality of goods and services in the market and keeps the price-controlled. The antitrust law imposes this structure of the free market against corporates turning to their advantage. It is imposed so that non-reasonable prices of goods and services are not recovered from customers and small businesses are protected.
What are political experts saying?
The lawsuit filed by the US Department of Justice before the US presidential election is called a political ploy. Political experts are calling it part of the political election promises of President Donald Trump (PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP).
Google’s source of revenue (GOOGLE REVENUE SOURCE)
- Total Earnings: 11928 billion rupees
- Google ad: Rs 1620 billion: 13 percent of total revenue
- Google Cloud: 662 billion rupees: 5 percent of total revenue
- YouTube: Rs 1104 billion: 9 percent of total revenue
- Google Play: Rs 1325 billion: 12 percent of total revenue
- Ad through other means: 7224 billion rupees 61 percent of total earnings
These accusations have been made on Google
- 2017: Commission on European Union of 17 thousand crores has been fined. This is the largest fine imposed on a company.
- This charge: In the shopping results, it was alleged that there was more publicity for its shopping service.
- 2018: A fine of Rs 344 billion, which alleged that Google wrongly overpowered the search engine as part of its mobile device strategy. Android had a 64% share in the European handset market, which rose to 74%.
- Google closed Nest secure alarm after Trusted Contacts