The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have defended their determination to make a six-part Netflix sequence taking a look at their non-public lives.
The first three of six episodes started streaming yesterday, wherein Prince Harry and Meghan talked concerning the stress they felt from media curiosity of their lives.
Now, their international press secretary Ashley Hansen has instructed the New York Times: “Their statement announcing their decision to step back [from royal duties] mentions nothing of privacy and reiterates their desire to continue their roles and public duties.
“Any suggestion in any other case speaks to a key level of this sequence. They are selecting to share their story, on their phrases, and but the tabloid media has created a completely unfaithful narrative that permeates press protection and public opinion.
“The facts are right in front of them.”
The three-part sequence, named “Harry and Meghan”, was launched on Thursday and begins with a written assertion, describing the present as a “first-hand account of Harry & Meghan’s story told with never before seen personal archive”.
In the second episode, the Duke of Sussex talks about paparazzi curiosity of their relationship and social media harassment, and refers to his mom, Diana.
“To see another woman in my life, that I love, go through this feeding frenzy, that’s hard,” he says. “It is basically the hunter versus the prey.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex introduced they had been stepping again from royal duties in January 2020.
In an announcement on the time, the couple wrote: “After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution.
“We intend to step again as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to turn into financially unbiased, whereas persevering with to completely help Her Majesty The Queen.”