This blast occurred at a time when the Taliban and the Afghanistan Government have declared a three-day ceasefire in the wake of Eid-ul-Fitr.
12 people were killed and 15 were injured in a blast in a mosque during the Namaz prayers in northern Kabul, Afghanistan. Kabul Police spokesman Firdaus Faramarz said that the Imam of the mosque, Mufti Naiman, also died in the attack. After 20 years of war in Afghanistan, there has been an increase in violent incidents between the start of withdrawal of US and NATO troops.
Faramarz said that the blast took place as soon as the Namaz started. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack so far, but preliminary investigation suggests that the imam may have been attacked. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid denounced any involvement with the organization by the blast in the mosque, condemning it and alleging that the Afghanistan intelligence agency was behind the blast.
Explosion occurred on the second day of the ceasefire
Local resident Muhibullah Sahebzada said that he had left the mosque after offering prayers that the explosion took place. After the explosion, smoke spread in the mosque, people started running here and there. The explosion occurred at a time when the Taliban and the Afghan government have declared a three-day ceasefire in the wake of Eid-ul-Fitr. The explosion occurred on the second day of the ceasefire.
Earlier, many organizations in Kabul had claimed responsibility for a local organization linked to the Islamic State, but the Taliban and the government blame each other for the attack. Last week, more than 90 people died in a car bomb blast in Kabul.
50 people were killed in the bomb blast
Earlier, 50 people died, including many young students, in a bomb blast near a school on Saturday in the Shia-dominated western part of Afghanistan’s capital, Kabul. A spokesman for the Afghan government had given this information. The Taliban had condemned the attack aimed at civilians and denied their involvement in it.
Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Ariyan had said that the injured were evacuated through an ambulance from a blast near the Syed al-Shahda school located in the Shia-dominated Dasta-e-Barchi area. The authorities had feared the death toll would increase. Residents of the area said that the blast was very gruesome. Resident Naseer Rahimi said that he heard the sound of three different blasts.
Also read: World News Bulletin: Relief from Masks and Social Distancing in America, Read Five Big News of the World
Also read: ‘beating, molestation, rape threats’, what did 17 year old girl endured in jail? Myanmar army crossing all limits in captivity