Samsung (Samsung) announced that it will provide security updates for a minimum of four years to most of its Galaxy products launched from 2019. The South Korean company has released a list of eligible phones and tablets for this, ranging from budget smartphones to entry-level Galaxy M series and foldable phones. In total, the list includes over 130 models.
Note that these are security updates, they are not Android OS updates. Therefore, where you will not get the next Android version on your phone, a four-year security update will help keep your device safe for long-term use. However, frequency updates may not be the same for all support phones. While some phones will get monthly security updates, other devices will get quarterly updates.
These Galaxy devices will get updates
- Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Note10, Note10 5G, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A71, A71 5G, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+
Like Google, Samsung offers major Android updates for select devices already. Talking about operating system updates, Apple is in the forefront. It also has older iPhones like the iPhone 6S launched in 2015 for the latest iOS 14.