Internet Safety Tips: Safer Internet Day 2021 is being celebrated worldwide on Tuesday. Internet usage has increased rapidly during the era of Corona Mahamari. Work from home to online education has become an important part of our life. With this, cases of online fraud are also increasing. In such a situation, it is very important to be careful while using the internet and online banking, shopping. Let’s know about some such Internet safety tips.
- Use licensed software in your computer. Software purchased from the wrong sources may contain viruses or Trojans, which can corrupt your file and expose your confidential information.
- Protect your computer accounts with strong passwords.
- Update your computer to the latest security for your operating system, browser and email client.
- Use anti-virus, anti-spyware and personal firewalls.
- Protect your customer ID and PIN and do not share it with anyone.
- Change the PIN as soon as possible after logging into the NetBanking account. Remember the PIN and do not write it anywhere.
- Avoid accessing internet banking from shared computer networks such as cyber cafes or public wifi networks such as hotels / airports etc.
- Do not click on the links on the e-mail and other websites.
- Keep in mind while clicking through different websites. Do not click on any fake link, which may cause incorrect code or software or virus download on your computer.
- Downloading software from unauthenticated websites, including torrent sites, can cause viruses in the computer.
- Password protects the mobile phone. Keep the limit of submitting the wrong password to no more than three. Keep a strong password to protect your account and data.
- Review your account statement frequently to check for any unauthorized transactions. The PIN should be changed regularly.
- If the phone is lost or stolen, immediately inform the police and the telecom company.