It is now going to be easier to get blue ticks on the big social media microblogging company Twitter. Twitter has announced that it will start a new verification application process under which it will review people’s applications to get a blue tick. It is pertinent to know here that the profile verification feature is not new but it was suspended in 2017 due to some confusion regarding endorsements. Now this feature is coming again and it is expected that in the coming few days it will be available to all users.
Meanwhile, Twitter has started another policy under which the blue ticks of the profiles which are lying dormant or have incomplete information in them, are being removed. Apart from this, blue ticks will also be removed for the accounts that are not maintained on the updated criterion for verification.
Cyber Scam Alert: Cyber fraud growing in Corona era, how to protect yourself, Airtel warns by writing a letter
They will be verified
In order to be verified on Twitter, it is important that the profiles on this platform are in one of the six categories given below. These profiles must contain profile name, profile image, e-mail address / mobile number. Apart from this, according to Twitter, the account should be active for at least six months.
- Companies, Brands and Organizations
- News Organizations and Journalists
- Sports and gaming
- Activists, Organizers and other influential individuals
This is how the account will be verified
- In the next few weeks, Twitter users will see a new verification application in the Account Settings tab. This option will be visible to all the users in a phased manner i.e. this option will not be visible to all the users simultaneously.
- After the verification application option is available, users have to list the eligible category to which they belong.
- Twitter will then ask users for identity details, including government-issued IDs, official email addresses, or in some cases official website links that directly refer to the Twitter account.
- After submitting the application, Twitter will inform the applicant via email after some time. This process can take from a few days to weeks and it will depend on how many applications are submitted.
- After the application is approved, the blue badge will appear on the profile. If the application is not approved, then you will be able to apply again after 30 days after getting the information about the decision of the company.