Festive Shopping: The festive season has started and banks are also offering many attractive offers to customers along with shopping. Most people wait for this festive season throughout the year. In such a situation, if during shopping, you made a payment after shopping with a debit card, wallet or UPI, even money was deducted but the transaction did not happen, then it is natural to get upset in such a situation. Do not worry when any such situation comes, you can get your money back. Usually, such complaints are resolved within seven days.
Complain through Internet banking
You can start the process of refunding your money online from home. Every bank has its own window for this. Suppose if someone has an account with SBI.
- If you talk about SBI, then go to the CMS portal on the bank’s website.
- There details like your customer type, account number, name of Complainant, branch code, mobile number, e-mail ID, category of Complaint, Product and Services and nature of Complaint.
- Fill in the captcha code and submit.
- After submission, you will get a complaint number which will be sent to you via SMS and email.
- Through this number, you will be able to know about your complaint and how far the process has reached on your complaint. The complaint will be resolved within 7 days.
You can also complain like this
- You can lodge your complaint with Customer Care. For this, you have to call from your registered number with the bank. From there you will get a complaint number, through which you can see the action being taken on your complaint.
- You can also send your complaint to the bank through email. For this, you will get an email ID on the bank’s website.
- You can go to the nearest branch with your complaint. For this, you have to bring a valid identity certificate with you. If your complaint does not go away from there, then you will have to meet the manager of the branch where you have an account.
If after going through all the procedures, your money is not returned to your account, then you can file your complaint with the Banking Ombudsman. If you want to give this complaint offline in writing or you can file it online.
Almost same procedure in all banks
There is a similar procedure for almost all banks for refunds of money deducted from the account without any transaction. The banks have different windows for filing complaints only through net banking. However, this feature will be available in almost all the Customer Service tabs.
Shopping through mobile wallet
If you have shopped through a mobile wallet like Paytm or PhonePe and the transaction is failing, then generally it may take three to five days or even 10 days for the refund to arrive. But if the money is not returned within a certain period, then you can file a complaint by talking to the customer care of the app for refund. Nowadays there is also a social media handle and mail id of all payments app. You can also file a complaint there.
#Festive #Shopping #Money #deducted #debit #card #wallet #UPI #transaction #happen