In this era of the Corona epidemic, most of us are sitting in homes, in which people are doing more digital transactions than cash transactions. As digital transactions are increasing, the cases of online fraud are also increasing continuously. One such case has also come up with Paytm where the thugs are making a victim of fraud by promising cashback of more than Rs 2 thousand to the Paytm users.
It comes in chrome notifications from scam users which reads, “Congratulations! you have won Paytm Scratch Card. ” It means, “Happy you have won the Paytm scratch card”. Many of us click on it without thinking anything and it takes us to a website called paytm-cash offer (dot) com.
This is how fraud and money are cheated
It is claimed on this website that you have won a cashback of Rs 2,647 and then the website asks you to send this reward to the Paytm account. The design of this site is similar to the official Paytm app and anyone can be deceived on seeing it for the first time. Once you tap on the send button, it will take you to the original Paytm app where it will ask you to pay this amount. Many times people do not notice this pay button and fall prey to fraud.
This scam is targeting the most people who do not know much about the UPI based app or they have started using the new app. If this UPI payment app is not installed in your phone then this trick will not work. According to the news of Indian Express, this link with fake cashback offer will work not in computer but in mobile phone.
How to report Paytm fraud?
The option to report digital payment fraud is available in all UPI based apps. If this option is not visible in the app, then you can dig it by going to the help and support section. You can report such fraud on the Paytm app.
- Tap on the profile section provided in the left corner and go to the Help and Support section.
- After that scroll down and go to the “Choose a service you need help with” section and tap on the “View all services” button.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Report fraud and transactions” box.
- Select the issue and tell about your problem. You can give information about a fishing site, fraud transaction or other problems.
- Once the issue is selected, you will be asked to provide information about the fraud, so that they can take action after a thorough investigation.