Welcome to the Ravens’ free-agency tracker, which will probably be up to date all through the offseason.
With the NFL’s new league yr starting Wednesday at 4 p.m., groups can formally announce signings and trades. Here’s a rundown of who the Ravens have agreed to signal, who they’ve misplaced and who’s nonetheless on the open market:
Free agent additions
Del’Shawn Phillips: The 26-year-old linebacker, who was a stable performer on particular groups for the Ravens final season, is returning to Baltimore on a one-year deal, in line with The Athletic.
A former undrafted free agent out of Illinois who additionally hung out with the Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills and New York Jets, Phillips was an unrestricted free agent after the Ravens didn’t tender him.
Last season, Phillips, whom the Ravens claimed off waivers from the Jets final August, appeared in 16 video games, tallying 5 tackles, together with three solo. He had just one snap on protection final yr.
Running again Justice Hill: The 25-year-old working again, whom the Ravens drafted out of Oklahoma State within the fourth spherical in 2019, is re-signing with Baltimore on a two-year, $4.5 million deal that might be value as a lot as $5 million, his agent Andrew Kessler confirmed to The Baltimore Sun.
Hill, who missed all of 2021 with a torn Achilles tendon, had his best yr final season, with 262 yards on 49 carries to go together with 12 catches for 58 yards in a career-best 15 video games. He was additionally a big a part of Baltimore’s particular groups, which included kick return duties.
Cornerback Trayvon Mullen: The 25-year-old cornerback — who was claimed off waivers from the Dallas Cowboys in January and is a cousin of quarterback Lamar Jackson’s — has agreed to a one-year deal, his agent Kevin Conner confirmed to The Baltimore Sun. No different phrases had been disclosed.
Mullen, a 6-foot-2, 200-pound nook who was the Defensive Most Valuable Player of the 2019 College Football Playoff nationwide championship sport, had 134 tackles, 4 interceptions and 28 passes defended in 37 video games for the Raiders.
Free agent losses
Guard-center Trystan Colon: The New York Jets signed the 24-year-old former undrafted free agent to a one-year deal, Colon’s agent Andy Ross confirmed to The Baltimore Sun on Friday. Terms of the settlement weren’t disclosed.
The third-year participant out of Missouri was a restricted free agent however wasn’t tendered by the Ravens, so he was free to signal with one other workforce.
The 6-foot-6, 313-pound Colon spent the previous three seasons in Baltimore, the place he performed in 20 video games, together with 4 begins. After taking part in in a dozen video games in 2021, he was energetic for simply six video games final season and performed 49 snaps, 47 of which got here in his lone begin in opposition to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 13.
Colon’s departure marks the second alongside the offensive line in current days after guard Ben Powers signed a four-year, $52 million free-agent cope with the Denver Broncos.
Tight finish Josh Oliver: The 25-year-old who spent the final two seasons in Baltimore and was considered one of workforce’s most improved gamers final season agreed to a three-year, $21 million cope with the Vikings on Monday, a supply confirmed to The Baltimore Sun.
A 3rd-round decide by the Jaguars in 2019 who was traded to the Ravens in March 2021, Oliver performed in all 17 video games final season, beginning 9 of them. In addition to being one of many league’s higher blockers, he additionally caught 14 passes for 149 yards and two touchdowns.
In return, the Ravens are in line to get a compensatory sixth-round draft decide in 2024, per a method that takes into consideration a participant’s common wage per yr, taking part in time and awards. Compensatory picks gained’t develop into official till subsequent March.
With three-time Pro Bowl tight finish Mark Andrews and 2022 fourth-round picks Isaiah Likely and Charlie Kolar anticipated to characteristic extra subsequent season, Oliver grew to become expendable for the Ravens given their lack of cap area.
Left guard Ben Powers: After surprisingly profitable the beginning job final season and grading out as one of many NFL’s greatest blocking guards, the 2019 fourth-round select of Oklahoma cashed in, agreeing to a four-year, $52 million cope with the Broncos, in line with a number of stories.
The deal makes Powers one of many league’s highest-paid gamers on the place for a Broncos workforce that’s trying to rebound from a dismal 5-12 marketing campaign final season.
It additionally grew to become evident that the Ravens could be unlikely to afford the 26-year-old, with basic supervisor Eric DeCosta admitting as a lot in January.
Baltimore is ready as much as get a compensatory fourth-round draft decide in 2024 after shedding Powers. It additionally means their beginning left guard job might be up for grabs this summer time, with 2021 third-third decide Ben Cleveland having struggled with accidents and conditioning and restricted free agent Trystan Colon extra pure at middle.
- The Ravens utilized the nonexclusive franchise tag to Lamar Jackson final week, retaining their star quarterback off the free agent market however giving him a possibility to pursue a contract with one other workforce. Baltimore may have 5 days to match any provide sheet Jackson indicators, or they might let him stroll and obtain two first-round draft picks in trade. The nonexclusive tag is about $32.4 million, and the transfer doesn’t preclude the Ravens from signing Jackson, 26, to an extension earlier than a July 17 deadline. It appears to point they’re assured they might match any provide he receives from one other workforce. Jackson is the eighth participant in Ravens historical past to be franchise-tagged, and a number of other of his predecessors, most just lately exterior linebacker Matthew Judon in 2020, have performed full seasons below the tag. But the Ravens have by no means been on this place with a quarterback.
- The Ravens lower veteran defensive lineman Calais Campbell, creating $7 million in cap financial savings. Though the 36-year-old defensive lineman introduced final month that he would return for a sixteenth season within the league, the transfer was not a stunning one. Campbell, who was below contract for yet one more season, had a $9.4 million cap hit in 2023 and was scheduled to earn a $2 million roster bonus and $4.5 million in wage. He was one of many league’s most constant defensive linemen final season and has lengthy been a revered voice within the locker room.
- The Ravens positioned a proper of first refusal tender on restricted free agent Tyler Huntley, that means one other workforce can signal the quarterback to a suggestion sheet however the workforce doesn’t get any compensation in the event that they don’t match it. If Huntley performs on the low RFA tender, he’ll stand to make $2.67 million this yr.
- The Ravens didn’t provide a qualifying provide or minimal tender to 5 gamers, making them unrestricted free brokers: All-Pro lengthy snapper Nick Moore, security Geno Stone, inside linebacker Kristian Welch and Del’Shawn Phillips and middle Trystan Colon.
- The Ravens introduced in February that they re-signed defensive finish Brent Urban and cornerback Daryl Worley, each veterans who had been headed free of charge company.
Unrestricted free brokers
Running again: Kenyan Drake
Wide receiver: Sammy Watkins, Demarcus Robinson
Offensive line: Ja’Wuan James
Inside linebacker: Kristian Welch
Outside linebacker: Justin Houston, Jason Pierre-Paul, Steven Means, Vince Biegel
Cornerback: Marcus Peters, Kyle Fuller, Kevon Seymour
Safety: Geno Stone
Long snapper: Nick Moore
Exclusive rights free brokers
Safety: Ar’Darius Washington