For those who have recovered from COVID19, the Union Health Ministry has issued ‘Post COVID 19 Protocols’. It states that the use of Chyawanprash, turmeric milk and immunity enhancing ayurvedic medicines like Mulethi powder, ashwagandha, amla fruit etc. are considered effective after recovery from coronavirus. The ministry has said that after recovering from the corona, the patient may complain of fatigue, body aches, cough, sore throat, difficulty in breathing.
So far there is limited evidence that the corona continues, but research is needed and it is being done actively. A holistic approach to the care and treatment of post COVID patients is needed. Therefore, the Ministry of Health has given steps to take care and management of patients recovering from Corona at home. Patients who have already had a disease and who have undergone a more severe form of corona will take more time to recover.
What to do at the individual level
1. Wear a mask, keep clean and maintain physical distancing.
2. Drink plenty of warm water.
3. Take immunity-enhancing Ayurvedic (AYUSH) medicines.
4. If health allows, then do regular household work, start professional work slowly.
5. Exercise light or medium. Do yoga, pranayama and meditation daily. Do whatever the doctor treating you has told you about the exercise of the breath. Walk in the morning or evening.
6. Eat a balanced diet. It is better to have an easy-to-digest fresh soft diet.
7. Get enough sleep and relax.
8. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
9. Take the medicines prescribed for corona and chronic disease regularly. Give all the information to the doctor about which allopathic / AYUSH medicine you are taking.
10. Perform self-health monitoring at home such as temperature, blood pressure, blood sugar, pulse oximeter etc.
11. If there is a dry cough or sore throat, then gargle and steam/medicine or spices can be used. Take medicines prescribed by an allopathic doctor or AYUSH doctor.
12. Pay attention to the symptoms of early warning such as high fever, difficulty in breathing and oxygen levels going below 95 per cent, chest pain, weakness etc. without reason.
Do this at the community level
1. People who have recovered from Corona share their positive experiences with their friends and relatives. You can also spread awareness through social media, community leaders, opinion leaders or religious gurus and remove the confusion, etc.
2. You can take help from them – community-based self-help groups, civil society organizations and professionals who work on the recovery and rehabilitation process (medical, social, occupational, livelihood)
3. You can get psycho-social support from colleagues, community health workers, counsellors. If needed, seek mental health support service.
4. Take part in group sessions of yoga and meditation etc. But take all kinds of precautions and maintain physical distance.
Do this in a hospital/healthcare facility
1. Make a follow-up visit, either physically or via telephone, within 7 days of discharge from the hospital. It would be good to have this follow-up visit in the same hospital where the patient’s treatment took place.
2. Subsequent treatment and follow up visits can be done in the nearby medical facility of a good allopathic doctor or AYUSH practitioner or another system of medicine. Avoid polytherapy as unknown medicines can be mixed together and can have adverse results.
3. Such patients who have been in home isolation, if they continue to have symptoms, then they will go to a nearby hospital.
4. Critical care support is needed for cases which are serious and should be strictly followed up.
Immunity boosting ayurvedic medicines
The ministry has also told about some Ayurvedic medicines that increase immunity. Also suggested taking Chyawanprash. The details of how to take them are like this…
#recovering #corona #Ministry #Health