When we send something through post, we have to pay postage value ie postage value. The postage value is a fee that is charged for the transfer of goods sent by post. Now you can calculate the postage value on the goods sitting at home before sending it from the post. India Post has made this facility available on its website. Let’s know how you can calculate the postage value online
- Visit https://www.indiapost.gov.in/VAS/Pages/CalculatePostage.aspx#
- Now choose whether to send goods through the country or outside the country.
If you have to send out of the country then…
– Select the country in which to send the goods by post.
– Choose the goods you want to send, such as letters, documents, parcels etc.
– Put the weight of the luggage in the specified space, if necessary, the length, width and thickness of the luggage will also have to be put.
– Now click on ‘Get available services’. After this, you will have choices about how you want to transport goods to another country, by air or by ground. Choose one of these.
– Enter the answer of the captcha code or calculation in the specified space and click on ‘Get Price’.
– Postage fee or postage value will appear after this.
If you want to send goods within the country…
- Enter the zip code of the city from which the goods are to be sent by post and the zip code of the city to which to send.
- Choose the kind of goods you want to send, such as parcels, letters, printed post cards, book packets, etc.
- Now put the weight of the luggage in the specified space. If needed, the length, width and thickness of the goods also have to be put.
- After this, click on ‘Get available services’.
- Now you will have options as to how you want to send goods like speed post, simple post, business parcel etc.
- After choosing one of the options, the solution of captcha code or calculus will have to be entered in the specified space and click on ‘Get Price’.
- After this, postage charges or postage value will be revealed after this.