Nagpur. Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University has implemented 50-50 formula for the examination. From this year only one examination of even semester (summer) will be conducted by the university in the semester pattern. At the same time, the result will also be released by the colleges by taking the examination of the odd session. It’s been a long time since the session started. Even after this, the examination of the first semester of the first year could not be started. The problems are arising due to the changes made in the examination method by the university.
On the other hand, the university has started preparing for the summer session examinations, but the winter session examination of the first session is not yet known. Delay in examination will also delay the result. This will affect the next session. Except for the first year, all the winter session exams have been started by the university. The third phase of winter session examinations is going on. At present, there is a dispute between the university and the colleges regarding the examination fee of the first semester of the first year.
The university has cut the examination fee by up to 75 percent due to corona. The remaining 25% fee is being demanded by the university. In this condition, nothing will be left with the colleges to get the funds from the examination fee. The result of this controversy is also happening on the examination. Data of students is being collected by MKCL.
For admission and after admission, students have registered on the university’s portal. All this information is with Pro-Mark. Problems are arising due to not having this data with MKCL. MKCL has asked for data from the colleges, but the colleges are opposing it. Due to non-registration, students will not get the enrollment number. Because of this, students can also remain deprived of the examination.
protest from the beginning
Actually, there was opposition from the beginning by the colleges regarding the 50-50 formula of the university. The colleges allege that the university has taken a unilateral decision without understanding the problems. After the discussion held in the Senate meeting, it was decided that the college would take the examinations of 1,3,5 and 7 and the university would take the examinations of 2,4,6, and 8 semesters. The university has handed over the summer session supplementary examination to the colleges. The responsibility of registration and examination of students has been given to MKCL, but even after registration, MKCL is asking for data from colleges. Because of all these activities, the first year semester examination has got stuck.