The country’s first private train Tejas Express will be resumed from 14 February. According to the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC), Tejas Express services on both Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai rail routes are being resumed from February 14. Earlier it was closed due to Corona epidemic. Though it was decided to restart it during the recovery, it was closed again due to lack of better response from the passengers.
Tejas Express is the first private train in the country. It has a dynamic fare, that is, there are fluctuations in the rent. On both Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai routes, it runs on four days a week i.e. on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Service of #Lucknow–#Delhi–#Lucknow & #Ahmedabad–#Mumbai-Ahmedabad #TejasExpress is resuming from 14 Feb 2021. #Book your #journey tickets today on https://t.co/e14vje72Y3 & get ready for a wonderful #travel #experience #IRCTC #GoTejas #comfort #IRCTCOfficial
– IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) January 29, 2021
All seats will be booked
When it was decided to run it in October 2020 last year after being closed due to the Corona epidemic, then a seat was being booked under the social distancing rule. However, the booking will be done on all seats now. Last year, Tejas Express was closed from 19 March 2020 which was resumed from 17 October. However, a month later in November, it had to be closed due to low ticket booking.
Tejas Express will run four days a week
Tejas Express will run on both sides of the Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai rail routes, four days a week. The fare and time of these trains are as follows. It should be noted here that this fare is for the booking of February 14 around the time of writing the news, it may also increase as the Tejas Express has dynamic pricing.
- Train 82501 IRCTC Tejas Express will leave Lucknow at 06:10 AM and reach New Delhi at 12:25 PM. This journey will take 6 hours and 15 minutes. Its fare is Rs 998 in AC Chair Car (CC) and Rs 2006 in Executive Chair Car (EC).
- Train 82502 IRCTC Tejas Express will depart from New Delhi at 15:35 and will reach Lucknow at 22:05. This journey will take 6 hours and 30 minutes. Its fare is Rs 1155 in AC Chair Car (CC) and Rs 2142 in Executive Chair Car (EC).
- Train 82901 IRCTC Tejas Express will leave Mumbai Central at 15:35 and will reach Ahmedabad Junction at 21:55. This journey will take 6 hours and 20 minutes. Its fare is Rs 1124 in AC Chair Car (CC) and Rs 2053 in Executive Chair Car (EC).
- Train 82901 IRCTC Tejas Express will leave Ahmedabad at 06:40 AM and reach Mumbai Central at 13:10 PM. This journey will take 6 hours and 30 minutes. Its fare is Rs 1140 in AC Chair Car (CC) and Rs 2064 in Executive Chair Car (EC).