T20 World Cup Prize Money: The T20 Cricket World Cup 2021 is in its final round and it will be finalized on Sunday as to which team gets a chance to lift the cup. New Zealand have already advanced to the final after beating England in the semi-final, where they will face the winning team in the second semi-final, Pakistan vs Australia, to be held today (November 11). The team that wins the cup in the final will get a prize money of $ 1.6 million (Rs 11.91 crore).
Compare this with the prize money of IPL 2021, it is very less because the team that won the final in the Indian Premier League this year got the prize money of 20 crores. This T20 World Cup has not been better for India. The Indian team under the leadership of Virat Kohli could not even reach the semi-finals. The T20 Men’s World Cup was started in 2007 and it was first won by India.
Falguni Nair becomes the country’s richest self-made female billionaire, on the basis of Nykaa’s brilliant listing, overtakes Biocon’s Shaw
Winners will get this much prize money in T20 World Cup
- The cricket team that lifts the cup by winning the final match will get prize money of $ 1.6 million (Rs 11.91 crore).
- The runner-up of the final match will get prize money of $ 8 lakh (Rs 5.96 crore).
- The teams which reached the semi-finals but their further journey came to a halt, they will get 4 lakh dollars (Rs 2.98 crore).
- For winning each match in the Super 12 stage, the teams got 40 thousand dollars (Rs 29.77 lakh crore) and the teams who got out of the Super 12 stage got 70 thousand dollars (52.11 lakh crore rupees).
- For winning each match in Round 1, the winning team got a reward of $ 40 thousand (Rs 29.79 lakh crore) and the teams who were eliminated from round 1 got 40 thousand dollars (Rs 29.79 lakh crore).
Rahul Dravid appointed chief coach of Indian cricket team, salary will be Rs 10 crore
IPL got more prizes than T20 World Cup
The winning team in the T20 Men’s World Cup will get a prize of Rs 12 crore, but if you compare it with the IPL, then this prize money is very less. In the IPL tournament held this year, the winning team got prize money of 20 crores. Even the runners up got a prize more than the amount fixed for the T20 World Cup winner. The runners up team in IPL 2021 got prize money of Rs 12.5 crore. In the IPL, the third place team got Rs 8.75 crore and the fourth place team got Rs 8.75 crore.