Covid-19 Lockdown Restrictions: The second wave of Corona epidemic is proving more dangerous and more than 4 lakh daily cases are coming out in a day. However, there was a gradual decline in daily cases and now around 1.65 lakh daily cases are coming out. Some states have relaxed the lockdown on Sunday, while some states have extended it for a few days. Some states, including Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamilanadu and Goa have increased the restriction, while Delhi, Madhya Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh have relaxed some of the restriction. The revised COVID Guidelines are being given by some state governments below.
Oil became expensive even on the last day of the month, petrol and diesel prices have increased 16 times so far in May.
State-wise Restrictions Status
- Maharashtra: On Sunday, the Maharashtra government has decided to increase the strictness of lockdown in the state till June 15. Apart from this, it also said that the decision to give this strict relief will be made on the basis of Covid-19 positivity rate and availability of oxygen beds. According to the decision of the state government, in the areas of municipality corporations or districts, corona’s positivity rate is less than 10% and where the availability of acupide oxygen beds will be less than 40%, all the establishments / shops will be available from 7 am to 11 am. It will be approved to remain open from 7 am to 2 pm.
By June 15 in Maharashtra, the lockdown, positivity rate and availability of oxygen beds will be decided on the level of strictness
- Uttar Pradesh: The state government has announced relaxation of restriction in 55 districts of the state where there are less than 600 active cases. However, weekend curfew and night curfew will continue across the state. There will be strictness in 20 districts including Lucknow. The new regulations will come into effect from 7 am on Tuesday. According to the instructions issued by the state government, markets and shops will be open from Monday to Friday outside the Containment Zones in the districts with less than 600 active cases.
- Jammu and Kashmir: This entire union territory has been catabolized in red or orange zones for covid containment. The Jammu and Kashmir Administration relaxed the lockdown guidelines on Sunday and many activities were approved from Monday. Barber shops, salons and liquor shops will be open three days a week, except Saturdays and Sundays. All types of standalone shops, outdoor markets and shopping complexes will be opened on a day-to-day basis, except Saturdays and Sundays, based on the rotation system.
- Telangana: The state cabinet has decided to extend the lockdown from Monday to the next 10 days. According to the statement released by the CMO (Chief Minister’s Office), there will be a slight relaxation in the lockdown from 6 am to 1 pm every day.
- Odisha: Chief Secretary SC Mohapatra informed that the lockdown in the state has been extended for the next 16 days i.e. until June 17. However, the state government has made it clear that during this time there will be a ban on the movement of people and movement of goods will continue.
- Haryana: Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has extended the lockdown till June 7 in the state. However, some relief has also been given for shopping malls and shops while schools, colleges and ITIs will remain closed.
- Sikkim: The state government on Sunday extended the lockdown for the next one week i.e. till June 7 due to the increase in cases across the state.
(Source-news agency PTI)