PM Modi described the Eastern and Western Dedicated Freight Corridor as a game-changer for the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 306 km long New Rewari-New Madar section of the Western Dedicated Freight Corridor on Thursday 7 January. Prime Minister Modi inaugurated this section through video conferencing. PM Modi flagged off the world’s first double-stack long hall container (1.5 km long) container train for New Atteli (Haryana) and New Kishangarh (Rajasthan) stations. On this occasion, PM Modi said that the Eastern and Western Dedicated Freight Corridor will be a game-changer for the country and it will help in creating new growth centres in many parts of the country.
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, Rajasthan Governor Kalraj Mishra and Haryana Governor Satyadev Narayan Rao were present at the inauguration of New Rewari-New Madar section. Apart from this, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar were also present.
Rajasthan and Haryana will benefit
79 km area of this section is in Haryana and about 227 km falls in Rajasthan. This train connects the important industrial areas of Haryana and Rajasthan, which will facilitate the transportation of goods from these two states and promote business. Three junctions New Rewari, New Atteli and New Phulera have been built on this route. Apart from this, nine stations including New Dabla, New Bhagega, New Sri Madhopur, New Pachar Malikpur, New Sakool and New Kishangarh have been built.
Benefits from the new Rewari-Madar section
- Railways will have better access to industrial areas of Bhiwadi, Dharuhera, Rewari-Manesar, Ajmer etc. and granite and marble industries of Kishangarh.
- The farmers of the region will benefit from better access to KIN rail and their income will increase.
- In Nangal Choudhary, export-import freight movement will be encouraged in Kathuwas, Phulera and New Rewari and integrated multi-model logistics hubs.
- Transportation cost will be reduced. In addition to cheap rail transport, timely transportation of goods.
- Connectivity with the western ports of Kandla, Pipavav, Mundhra and Dahej will increase in Gujarat through this section.
- The double line electric track will be transported at high speed. Freight trains will run at a speed of 100 km per hour.