Aadhaar Details Update Online: There is big news for Aadhaar Card holders. The authority UIDAI, which looks after the services related to Aadhaar, has once again given citizens the facility to update the demographic details at home. Due to this, now the Aadhaar card holders will be able to update their name, address, date of birth and gender in Aadhaar through online UIDAI website.
UIDAI had stopped the facility of online updates on all other demographic details except address. That is, citizens could only update the address sitting at home. They have to go to the Aadhaar center for updation of the remaining demographic details and biometric details. But now along with the address in Aadhaar, the name, date of birth and gender will also be updated online.
How to get the update done online
To update name, address, date of birth and gender online on UIDAI website, you have to go to ‘My Aadhaar’ section and click on ‘Update Demographics Data Online’ in the ‘Update your Aadhaar’ section. After this a new page will open. If you want, you can visit direct https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/. Remember, to get any Aadhaar-related details updated online, your mobile number should be registered in Aadhaar, because OTP will come during the process.
- Click on ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’ on https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ portal.
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number on the newly opened page.
- Enter captcha code and click send otp.
- Submit the OTP on the registered mobile number by putting it in the specified space.
- Now on the newly opened page you will get two options – 1. Updation of Demographic details including address with supporting document proof
2. Address update through address validation letter
- One has to click on ‘Update Demographics Data’ to update the name, date of birth, gender, address with the document proof.
- After this, you have to choose the detail you want to update. After this, the further process will be completed.
Remember this point
Or keep that the name in Aadhaar can be updated twice in a life, once a gender, once a date of birth. The color scanned copy of the valid document proof associated with the detail you want to update will have to be uploaded. However, no proof is required for gender updation. If there is no valid address proof in the name of the Aadhaar card holder, then he can update the address with the help of the address validation letter. The complete list of supporting documents is available on the UIDAI website.