IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking: Traveling by bus has become easier. Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has now started the facility of booking bus for passengers after railways and flights, that is, they can now book tickets online through IRCTC website. The biggest advantage of online ticket booking will be that you will be able to book on seeing the status of seats on your own and you will get rid of the hassle of long lines offline. While booking on the website of IRCTC, you will be able to see the photo of the bus and can also see its ratings and facilities. According to the FAQ given on the website of IRCTC, its special features are given below.
Features of IRCTC Bus Booking
- You will be able to select the seats in the bus of your choice. Pictures of the bus will also be seen on the website.
- Apart from private buses, buses of State Road Transport Corporation such as UPSRTC, APSRTC GSRTC etc. will be able to be booked.
- E-ticket will also be considered valid in the journey. During the journey, definitely carry your I-card.
- Refund will not be given on leaving the bus. Refund will be given only if your bus is canceled and the bus driver has not provided any other bus. IRCTC will start refund process only after receiving the amount from the bus operator.
- You can cancel your bus ticket online.
- Will be able to get partial ticket cancellation.
- By logging on bus.irctc.co.in through your IRCTC ID, you can make a booking by paying the travel date, journey from where to where, after filling the seat and personal details.
- Bus tickets can be booked for six passengers at a time.
- Children above 5 years of age will get full ticket.
- The travel date, passenger and gender cannot be changed. For any change, the ticket has to be canceled and the new ticket booked.
- If the IRCTC does not have an ID, then as a guest user can also book the bus through the mobile number and email ID.
- Two hours before leaving the bus, the bus number, contact number and boarding point number will be sent via SMS.
- If the ticket is not booked despite deducting money from the account, the amount will be refunded in 3-5 working days.
- GST will be payable with a fee of Rs 20 for AC class and Rs 10 for non AC on bus booking from IRCTC. Apart from this, the payment gateway charge will also have to be given to the user.
- For any complaint or inquiry, you can contact on 1800 110 139.
- A passenger can carry luggage up to 10 kg. Apart from this, they will be able to carry a laptop bag, handbag or briefcase up to 5 kg.