Indian Railway News: There is great news for rail travellers. Trains stopped due to Corona epidemic are about to start again. Railways is preparing to re-run 50 special trains from 21 June i.e. Monday due to the improvement in the situation of Corona epidemic and increase in the demand of passengers. Apart from this, a new summer special train will also be run from June 25, which will go from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh to Bandra Terminus in Maharashtra. This will give relief to the people going to Mumbai from Eastern UP side.
Finance Ministry’s clarification on increasing deposits of Indians in Swiss banks, said – full information is being sought from the authorities
These trains will run again on the tracks
A list of trains that the Railways has decided to run again is being given below, out of which you can check for your route.
- New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi Express
- New Delhi-Dehradun Shatabdi Express
- New Delhi-Amritsar Junction Shatabdi Express
- Delhi Junction-Kotdwara Shatabdi Express
- Chandigarh-New Delhi Shatabdi Express
- Delhi Sarai Rohilla-Jammu Tawi Duronto
- Mata Vaishno Devi Katra- New Delhi Shree Shakti
- Kalka-Shimla Express
- Bilaspur Junction- New Delhi Express
- Jammu Tawi- Yoganagari Rishikesh Express
- Lucknow-Prayagraj Sangam Express
- Chhapra-Lucknow Junction Express
- Farrukhabad-Chapra Express
Number of trains being increased according to demand
According to the demand and commercial needs of the passengers, the railways is gradually increasing the number of trains. In the first week of June this month, only 800 mail/express trains were running on the tracks. After this, it has now increased to 983 till this Friday. This is 56 percent as compared to before Corona, that is, 56 percent mail / express has started running on the tracks. Zonal Railways has got approval to run 660 additional mail/express trains between June 1-18.