Home Isolation Guidelines: The second wave of the Corona epidemic is proving dangerous. In the last 24 hours, more than 3.86 lakh new corona cases have been revealed. Apart from this, 3498 people have died due to this. Apart from this, limited number of people are getting health services in many parts of the country as the capacities in hospitals are limited. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has been issuing advisories from time to time regarding this. In this episode, the Health Ministry has revised the guidelines regarding home isolation of corona patient with mild cases or without symptoms. In this, guidelines have been issued not only for the patients but also for the caretaker who takes care of them. Under this, if you have trouble breathing while staying in home isolation, the oxygen level falls below 94 percent, chest pain or any other problem is there, see a doctor immediately. In case of stay in home isolation for 10 days and fever for three consecutive days, you can come out of home isolation and there is no need for testing at that time.
Corona continues unabated, more than 3.86 lakh new cases a day, most states not vaccinated for 18+
Guidelines issued for patients
- The condition of the patient should be determined by the health officer in a mild or asymptomatic case. In such a case, self-isolation of patients should be arranged at their home and the quarantine should be fixed for the family members as well.
- A caregiver must be present at all times for the patient and communication between the caretaker and the hospital should be continued during home isolation.
- In case of corona infection in people above 60 years of age and in cases of stress, diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung / liver / kidney disease, etc., the medical officer will evaluate and approve the isolation by proper manner.
- Corona infected should stay home in a room with better ventilation and fresh air.
- The patient will have to apply triple layer medical mask at all times, which can be applied for a maximum of 8 hours. The mask should be disinfected with 1% sodium hypochlorite.
- The patient should consume as much liquid as possible so that adequate hydration is maintained.
- Wash hands periodically with 40 seconds of soap or clean them with alcoholic sanitizer.
- Do not share your things with anyone else at home.
- Such things which are constantly being touched, clean them with 1 percent hypochlorite solution.
- Blood oxygen saturation must be watched through pulse oximeter.
Uttar Pradesh government has decided to get Covid Vaccine from abroad, global tender will be released for 4 crore vaccine
Important instructions for caretaker
- A caregiver should be present at all times for the patient and communication between the caretaker and the hospital should be continued during home isolation.
- Hydroxychloroquine prophylaxis will be given to the caretaker and those who come in close contact with the corona infected, as per the advice of the medical officer and on the basis of protocol.
- The caretaker must wear an N95 mask or triple layer mask when visiting the corona infected room.
- Caretakers should avoid touching their mouth, face or nose.
The Union Ministry suggested this treatment
- On the advice of the doctor, medicines can be continued for other co-morbid diseases.
- You can gargle or steam with hot water twice a day.
- If fever is not able to be controlled, then paracetamol 650 mg can be taken four times a day. Apart from this, you can contact a doctor who can give non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug medicines like noproxen 250 mg twice a day.
- Ivermectin (200 ml / kg) tablets can be taken once a day for 3-5 days.
- Inhalation budesonide can be given 800 mcg twice daily through inhaler for more than 5 days of fever / cough.
- Remedesivir injection can be given only and only in the hospital and do not try to collect it at home.