People will not be able to run all the electricity generators running in Delhi from tomorrow, October 15, diesel, petrol or kerosene. The Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) has imposed this ban on all types of diesel, petrol or kerosene-run electricity generators. However, essential and emergency services are exempted from this ban. The DPCC has asked the electricity department to ensure continuous power supply to consumers. Apart from this, violation of instructions given under section 31 (A) of Air Act, 1981 will be taken under section 37 of Air Act, 1981.
Delhi Pollution Control Committee (DPCC) bans the use of Electricity Generator Set(s) of all capacities, run on diesel/petrol/kerosene from tomorrow, excluding essential/emergency services. #smog pic.twitter.com/C4aHX6htBv
– ANI (@ANI) October 14, 2020
They are exempted from the ban
- Medical Purpose (Hospitals / Nursing Homes / Health Care Facilities)
- Elevators (elevators) and escalators (moving ladders)
- Railway services or railway station
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and its trains and metro stations
- Airport and Inter State Bus Terminals (ISBTs)
- Data Center of National Information Center
Action report will be mailed every day
According to the order issued by DPCC, all DMs, Deputy Commissioners of Police, DCs of Municipal Corporation, Chairman of NDMC and CEO of Delhi Cantonment Board will ensure compliance of all instructions. Apart from this, all these action reports will be sent to the DPCC by email.
#Generators #run #Delhi #tomorrow #discounts #essential #services