Digital Health ID Card : Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) a few days ago. During this, he said that ABDM has the power to bring revolutionary changes in the field of health facilities. Under this digital mission, people will be given a unique digital health ID card in which their health records will be recorded. In this digital health card, all the information related to your disease and treatment will be recorded. That is, through this the medical history of any patient can be traced.
What is Unique Health ID and how can you get it?
If you want to be a part of ABDM, then for this you will have to make a health ID card of yours. Under this health ID, a 14 digit number will be generated, which will be used as your identity. This ID can be used broadly for three purposes – to authenticate your identity i.e. for unique identification and to access your health records to multiple systems and stakeholders with your consent.
If you want to make your health ID card, then for this you have to register yourself on the portal. If you want, you can also download the ABDM Health Records app on your mobile. You can also register yourself for a health ID card through this app. In this, you will have to fill your basic information and along with this you will have to authenticate your mobile number or Aadhaar number.
What is PHR Address?
A PHR (Personal Health Record) address is a self-declared username. It needs to be signed in to the Health Information Exchange and Consent Manager (HIE-CM). All health IDs are linked to a Consent Manager for data sharing. Currently, all Health ID users can generate their own PHR address during Health ID sign up. While generating the ID, you will need to set up a PHR address for Consent Management, and then share your health record later.
This information will have to be given while creating Health ID
At present, Health ID card can be generated through mobile number or Aadhar card. It has been said in the official website that soon PAN card or driving license can also be used to generate health ID card. To generate Health ID through mobile or Aadhaar, you have to provide your name, year of birth, gender, address and mobile number / Aadhaar.
Is Aadhaar Required?
Aadhar is not mandatory while generating health ID card. If you do not have Aadhar card or do not want to use Aadhar in it, then Health ID card can also be made using only mobile number.
Can aadhar card be used for health id card if aadhar card is not linked with mobile number?
If the beneficiary chooses to use his/her Aadhaar number, an OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked to Aadhaar. However, if he has not linked it with his mobile, then the beneficiary will have to visit the nearest facility and opt for biometric authentication using Aadhaar number.
Are your personal health records protected in this?
NHA says that ABDM does not store health records of any beneficiary. This record is stored with the Healthcare Information Providers as per their “Retention Policies” and is shared with encryption mechanism on the ABDM network only after the consent of the beneficiary. The central government says that the data of any citizen will not be shared with any other firm. Apart from this, a separate team will also be formed to protect against cyber attacks, which will work to keep this data safe. Your data will only be shown to the doctor, and will only be shown once after you have granted access to them, requiring you to grant access again for a second viewing.
Can the Health ID card be deleted??
According to the NHA, if you want, you can delete your health ID card. You have two options in this matter. If you wish, you can permanently delete your Health ID card or it can also be temporarily deactivated. If you choose to delete permanently, then all your information will be completely deleted. After this you will not be able to access any kind of information entered in the card again. In addition, if you deactivate it temporarily, the information entered in the card will not be accessible only for the period of deactivation.
What are the benefits of Health ID card?
If you are admitted to a hospital, you can access your digital health records at any time during this period. In addition, you can link your personal health record with your Health ID. With this, your health-related information will be recorded in the Health ID forever. Through this health card, you will be able to identify and reach out to verified doctors across the country. If you want, you can make a digital health ID card for your child from birth. You can also add a nominee to access your Health ID. Nominee can help you to view or manage your personal health records.
This is how you can apply for Health ID card
- To create a health ID card, first you have to go to the official website of National Digital Health Mission (NDHM).
- On this website you will see the option of Create Your Health ID. You have to click on this option.
- On coming to this new page, you will have two options in front of you. If you want to generate ID card using your Aadhar card then click on Generate via Aadhar.
- On clicking, you will be asked to enter the Aadhar card number. Along with this, your consent will be asked. If you agree, submit by clicking I agree.
- After submission, a 6 digit OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. You have to verify by entering the OTP code.
- After this you will be asked to verify your mobile number as well. Here you have to enter the mobile number on which you got the OTP.
- After this, another 6 digit OTP will come on your mobile number. Verify once again by entering this OTP code. Another message will come with your number 14 digit health ID number. You can login through the link given in the message.
- After this, you will be asked for general information like name, year of birth. After filling all the information click on submit. Your health ID card will be generated.
if you want from mobile number You can make your own health ID card.
- For this, first enter your mobile number and verify by entering the OTP received on the mobile.
- Here you have to give some more information including your photo, date of birth, address.
- Now the page that will open in front of you will have to fill in the requested information.
- After filling all the details, your health ID card will be generated.