Covid19 Vaccination Phase 2: The world’s largest corona vaccination program has started in India from January 16. After health workers and frontline workers, now the government is going to include senior citizens and sick people above 45 years in the vaccination program from March. Regarding this, the Health Ministry has informed that those who will be given vaccine doses in the second phase of registration starting in March, will also be registered at the vaccination center. Apart from this, the Health Ministry has also released the list of IDs required for taking the vaccine dose, which includes Aadhaar card, Voter card. According to the information given by the Union Health Ministry, there will be no charge for vaccine doses at government vaccination centers, but in private hospitals. However, the amount of the fee has not been decided yet.
An ID required for vaccination
- Aadhar card
- Electoral Photo Identity Card (Voter Card)
- Photo ID given at the time of registration in case of online registration (if not Aadhaar Card or EPIC)
- Official ID for healthcare workers and frontline workers with photo and date of birth
A comorbidity certificate will be given to those aged 45- 59.
Registration will be done in three ways
- Advanced Self Registration: Through Co-Win 2.0 portal or Arogya Setu App
- Onsite registration: visiting COVID vaccination center
- Convenient Cohort Registration: Health officials will ensure that those who are vaccinated are brought to the vaccination centers.
Facilities required for vaccination in private hospitals
The central government has also approved private hospitals for vaccination. According to the information given by the Health Ministry, vaccine doses will be given in private hospitals under the Central Government’s CGHS, Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY and State Government insurance schemes. However, it is not yet decided how much will have to be charged for vaccine doses in private hospitals. Apart from this, it is necessary to have these facilities for the hospitals to participate in the vaccination program.
- Enough space for the vaccination program
- Refrigeration facilities for vaccination
- Vaccinator and its own team of employees
- Adequate preparation for any side effects after the vaccine