Covid Vaccination Update: The risk of corona epidemic is increasing once again across the country. This time it is also infecting the youth rapidly. In such a situation, the central government has decided to include people of the age of 18 in the vaccination drive. People over the age of 18 will start getting vaccinated from May 1. These people will have to register for vaccination. For people above 18 years of age, they will be able to register on the Cowin app from April 28. Two doses of vaccine are to be applied. According to the information given on Kovin’s website, the second dose of covaxin can be administered during 4-6 weeks of the first dose and the second dose of KoviShield can be administered during 4-8 weeks of the first dose.
For identification at the time of registration, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter Card, Driving License, Health Insurance Smart Card (issued by Ministry of Labor), MGNREGA Job Card, Service Identity Card of Government Employees, Official Icard of MLA / MP, Passport, Bank / Post office can present passbook, pension document etc.
Serum Institute said the price of the vaccine will be available in private and government hospitals.
How to register on Cowin App
- Visit Cowin’s official website cowin.gov.in.
- Click on Register / Sign in Yourself.
- Enter your 10 digit mobile number or Aadhaar number.
- An OTP will come on the mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on Verify. After this you will reach the registration page.
- Here photo ID proof has to be selected. Apart from this, upload ID proof by giving your personal information.
- Click on Register
- After registration, select the day and time when the vaccine dose is to be applied.
- After vaccination, you will get a reference ID through which you will get the vaccination certificate.
How to register through Aarogya Setu app
- Open the Arogya Setu App.
- Open the Cowin tab on the home screen.
- Select vaccination registration and enter the phone number.
- An OTP will come, fill it and click on Verify.
- The registration page will open for vaccination.
- Then follow the instructions given.
So far 13.2 million people have been vaccinated
The world’s largest vaccination program in India has started from January 16. So far, vaccines are being provided to health workers, frontline workers and people above 45 years of age. According to the data released by the Union Health Ministry, 13,23,30,644 people have been vaccinated so far. In this, 92,19,544 health workers have been given the first dose and 58,52,071 have taken the second dose. Talking about the frontline workers, so far 1,16,32,050 people have received the first dose and 59,36,530 people have taken the second dose. The first dose has been given to 4,44,28,884 people aged 45-60 and the second dose has been given to 16,34,116 people. The first dose has been given to 4,78,67,118 people above the age of 60 years and the second dose to 57,60,331 people.