Coronavirus India Live Updates: The Union Health Ministry has said that on Monday, a record 80 lakh people have been vaccinated against corona across the country. This is by far the largest number of vaccines administered in a day in the country. The new vaccination policy of the central government has also been implemented from Monday, June 21. Under this policy, the central government is providing the vaccine to all people of 18 years of age and above to vaccinate free of cost. Earlier, under the vaccination policy implemented from May 1, the responsibility of arranging vaccines for people in the age group of 18 to 44 years was given to the state governments and the private sector.
What’s in the new vaccination policy?
Under the new vaccination policy implemented from Monday, 75 percent of the corona vaccines made in the country will be bought by the central government, while the remaining 25 percent of the vaccines will be supplied to private sector hospitals. The central government will provide free vaccines to all the state governments. Earlier, under the policy implemented, the central government was providing free vaccines only for people of 45 years and above. Whereas state governments were asked to buy vaccines for people aged 18 to 44. But since the implementation of this policy, the issue of shortage of vaccines was constantly being raised. Several state governments had complained about the difficulty in procuring vaccines. Taking up this issue on its own initiative, the Supreme Court had asked the central government to consider changes in the policy.
Yoga Day 2021: PM Modi said, Yoga against Corona is a ray of hope, M-Yoga will teach yoga to the world
The Supreme Court had asked the central government why it cannot buy vaccine for people between the age group of 18 to 44 years, even though a provision of Rs 35,000 crore has been made for this in the Union Budget. In this regard, the Supreme Court had also ordered the Central Government to present the complete details of the expenditure incurred so far and the vaccines purchased. After this, the central government changed the policy and announced to provide vaccines for all people of 18 years and above. The very first day of this new policy has proved to be very successful today.