The Archaeological Survey of India -ASI has said in an order that the Red Fort will be closed for tourists from 27 January to 31 January. However, the order did not state the reason for the shutdown. But it is believed that due to the demonstration by the farmers on 26 January, the Red Fort has suffered a lot. This has been done to detect this loss. Let it be said that this decision was taken after the demolition by protesters at the Red Fort on 26 January.
Earlier in the order of 6 January and 18 January, the ASI said that it was closed from 19 January to 22 January due to bird flu alerts in the national capital. The Red Fort was closed from 22 January to 26 January due to Republic Day celebrations. However it should be open after 27 January. But why was closed. The reason for this has not been known yet.
According to media reports, after the violence erupted in the Red Fort complex on Republic Day, the ASI has decided to keep the gates closed to assess the damage.
Explain that earlier on Wednesday, Culture and Tourism Minister Prahlad Patel (Prahlad Patel) visited the site of the incident and sought a report of the incident from ASI. Singh then tweeted that he visited the Red Fort this morning and the ASI DG has been instructed to prepare an incident report and file an FIR.
Today in the morning @secycultureGOI And director general @ASIGoI Instructed to make immediate report and lodge a lawful Police FIR (FIR) after visiting with @PMOIndia @AmitShah @JPNadda @incredibleindia @MinOfCultureGoI @tourismgoi
– Prahlad Singh Patel (@prahladspatel) January 27, 2021
It is speculated that the Red Fort has suffered a lot due to the violence on Tuesday.