Writing your book after retirement sometimes creates a situation of controversy, if the person has retired from a sensitive post. Now to deal with such a situation, the central government has decided under a rule that any government employee retiring from any institute related to intelligence or security can not publish his articles or books on his own free will. To publish it, they have to take prior approval from their institution from where they have retired after working. The notification related to this has been issued by the Department of Personnel and Training under the Ministry of Public Grievances and Pensions.
According to the notification, this decision has been taken in consultation with the CAG and under the powers conferred under Clause 5 and Article 309 of Article 148 of the Constitution. The Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 have been amended.
No Government servant, who has worked in any Intelligence or Security-related organisation shall make any publication after retirement without prior clearance from the head of organisation: Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions pic.twitter.com/Oz3sUf9CjY
– ANI (@ANI) June 2, 2021
After the blue tick on the Aarogya Setu app, it is also necessary to verify the vaccination, know the stepwise complete process
Highlights of the amendment
- These rules may be called the Central Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2020.
- These rules have become effective from the date of issue of official gazette i.e. 31st May.
- Any employee working in any intelligence or security related institutions falling under the second schedule of the Right to Information Act, after retirement, in certain cases, before publishing any article or book, the approval of the institution from which he retired. Under this, approval has to be taken for publication about the domain of the organization such as information about a person or their context and their profession and expertise gained while working in the organization. Apart from this, any sensitive information which affects the unity and integrity of the country or affects foreign relations or affects the strategic, scientific or economic interests of the country, then prior approval will have to be taken for publishing such article.
- The head of the institution will have the right to decide whether any article or book is sensitive or not.
- A Form 26 has to be given to the employee in the form of undertaking. In this, if after retirement he violates the conditions of undertaking, then his pension can be stopped.