Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme: If you are looking for a better investment option, then from Monday i.e. March 1, there is an opportunity to invest in sovereign gold bonds. The 12th series of gold bonds is opening for investment from March 1, which will remain open till March 5. This time for gold bonds, the government has fixed the issue price at Rs 4,662 per gram, ie Rs 46,620 per 10 gram. At the same time, if you buy gold bonds online, then a discount of Rs 50 will also be available on every gram. For online investors, the issue price will be Rs 4,612 per gram i.e. Rs 46,120 per 10 gram.
Where can you buy gold bonds?
The investor must have PAN with every SGB application. You can buy gold bonds online. Apart from this, it will also be sold through banks, Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited (SHCIL), select post offices and stock exchanges like NSE and BSE. They are not sold in Small Finance Bank and Payment Bank.
How much can you invest
In a Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme, a person can buy up to 400 grams of gold bonds in a financial year. At the same time, minimum investment is one gram. At the same time HUFs will be able to invest up to 4 kg in a financial year, while trusts will be able to invest up to 20 kg in it.
What are the benefits of gold bond?
- It is tax free on gold bond maturity. At the same time, the expense ratio is nothing. Being supported by the Indian government, there is no risk of default.
- It is also a better option for HNIs, where it does not have to pay capital gains tax to hold till maturity. Equity attracts 10% capital gains tax. In such a situation, it is proving better in long-term investment options.
- It is easier and safer to manage gold bonds than physical gold.
- There is no hassle of purity and prices are decided on the basis of pure gold.
- It has easy exit options. Against gold bond, there is also the facility of loan.